Author Topic: Your Favorite Break-Up Songs  (Read 8041 times)

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1356
    • Neon Burrito
Re: Your Favorite Break-Up Songs
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2013, 01:51:10 PM »
this is a big song and i think it played on the television show girls and i don't think it requires mentioning and i've listened to this song countless times with many many friends on the occasion of breakups and after my own

Every perspective is an act of creation.

Brando

• The Meeting with the Goddess
  • One of the top 5 Don Johnson movies, TIN CUP!
  • Respect: +85
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2013, 02:54:45 PM »
+1
The break up songs off the albums of Ryan Adams' Heartbreaker, Beck's Sea Change and Bon Iver's For Emma. Here's a random few:

One from Jeff Nichols Brother:

If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Reelist

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Respect: +965
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2013, 03:20:59 PM »
whoever's had the most recent break-up wins
You can go to places in the world with pudding. That. Is. Funny.

KJ

• The Magic Flight
  • Respect: +215
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2013, 06:47:06 PM »
Well, I won't win anyway. In the last months I've been dating two girls and when it started to get serious I just ran off scared shitless. I stopped answer their phone calls and so on. I might come off as a big asshole now but the fear of being left myself is...well, let's just say that I can't handle it.

It's a great thing tho because now I never have to get over a break up.  :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley:

Lottery

• The Return Threshold
  • You're Dead!
  • Respect: +444
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2013, 09:40:42 PM »
Probably a bunch of Radiohead songs which may or may not be break-up songs but I just like to interpret them as such anyway.

Converge's Jane Doe is like the most brilliantly emotional and intense break-up album, and Beck's Sea Change is pretty strong on the whole break-up thing. And Pig Destroyer is great at that sort of thing, though it often ends with someone dying.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy