Author Topic: Your Favorite Break-Up Songs  (Read 8194 times)

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1431
    • Neon Burrito
Re: Your Favorite Break-Up Songs
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2013, 01:51:10 PM »
this is a big song and i think it played on the television show girls and i don't think it requires mentioning and i've listened to this song countless times with many many friends on the occasion of breakups and after my own

Brando

• The Meeting with the Goddess
  • One of the top 5 Don Johnson movies, TIN CUP!
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2013, 02:54:45 PM »
+1
The break up songs off the albums of Ryan Adams' Heartbreaker, Beck's Sea Change and Bon Iver's For Emma. Here's a random few:

One from Jeff Nichols Brother:

If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Reelist

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Respect: +1004
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2013, 03:20:59 PM »
whoever's had the most recent break-up wins
You can go to places in the world with pudding. That. Is. Funny.

KJ

• The Return Threshold
  • Respect: +289
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2013, 06:47:06 PM »
Well, I won't win anyway. In the last months I've been dating two girls and when it started to get serious I just ran off scared shitless. I stopped answer their phone calls and so on. I might come off as a big asshole now but the fear of being left myself is...well, let's just say that I can't handle it.

It's a great thing tho because now I never have to get over a break up.  :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley:

Lottery

• The Return Threshold
  • You're Dead!
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2013, 09:40:42 PM »
Probably a bunch of Radiohead songs which may or may not be break-up songs but I just like to interpret them as such anyway.

Converge's Jane Doe is like the most brilliantly emotional and intense break-up album, and Beck's Sea Change is pretty strong on the whole break-up thing. And Pig Destroyer is great at that sort of thing, though it often ends with someone dying.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy