Author Topic: banners  (Read 36867 times)

Pubrick

• Admin
  • Lynchian identity mystery
  • Respect: +769
Re: banners
« Reply #435 on: January 14, 2007, 10:29:58 PM »
did i?
endless 'nothing is what it seems'-isms

Neil

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Being genuine just isn't enough these days.
  • Respect: +155
« Reply #436 on: January 22, 2007, 04:30:56 PM »
I just caught a 25th hour one, with norton in the mirror. awesome.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Reinhold

• Respect: +3
« Reply #437 on: February 10, 2007, 09:11:16 PM »
sorry if this is a mini-trailer:

on an unrelated note, this is from the first episode of frank capra's "Why We Fight" WWII propaganda film series funded by the US war department.

Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

• :boxing:
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #438 on: February 10, 2007, 10:31:30 PM »
I can't remember if there was any Sword of Doom ones, so...

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Reinhold

« Reply #439 on: February 10, 2007, 11:52:29 PM »
i was organizing my caps folder and found the bb caps from a while ago that i thought i lost. i also made some from the thin blue line.

Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Pubrick

• Admin
« Reply #440 on: February 11, 2007, 12:03:30 AM »
those are good caps.

Pwaybloe

• Respect: +31
« Reply #441 on: February 14, 2007, 03:56:37 PM »
You bet.

Reinhold

« Reply #442 on: June 09, 2007, 06:04:15 PM »
those are good caps.

You bet.

thanks!

here's a new round of caps. it occurred to me as i was uploading them that a few look very familiar. i'm not sure if others have already done some of these or if i was just getting used to seeing them in banner form. if i've repeated one of yours, then i guess you picked a great frame.

The Brown Bunny

Happiness

Iraq in Fragments

The Limey

The Mirror

Seven

The Squid and The Whale

Stroszek

The United States Vs. John Lennon

squints

• Respect: +75
« Reply #443 on: June 09, 2007, 09:07:55 PM »
“The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts” – Friedrich Nietzsche

Reinhold

« Reply #444 on: June 12, 2007, 09:35:23 AM »

bonanzataz

• Electrician
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #445 on: July 04, 2007, 03:50:28 AM »
these caps been sitting on my comp for a mighty long time. as i was making them, i wondered to myself if i had done this before. i know that a lot of these caps were in other threads, but i'm not sure if i ever made them banners. well, decide for yourselves if you've already seen em...

GUMMO

BLADE RUNNER

BLOOD FEAST

FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN

HOOK

TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil’s rain we’ll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, ’cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, ’cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put ’em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put ’em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

picolas

• Admin
  • Respect: +103
« Reply #446 on: July 12, 2007, 02:28:39 AM »
it may be sacrilege to crop so much but i thought we could use some la strada (unless i've been missing it (i saw it last week))

is this too spoilerful?

Pubrick

• Admin
« Reply #447 on: July 12, 2007, 07:57:35 AM »
is this too spoilerful?

no, it's too beautiful.

ps. all of bonzie's should go up.

Reinhold

« Reply #448 on: July 14, 2007, 03:13:20 AM »
it may be sacrilege to crop so much but i thought we could use some la strada (unless i've been missing it (i saw it last week))

i take  full size caps of everything i watch to use as my screen saver and i've only been cropping 4:3 to fit into is template.

maybe we should try not cropping them, and just shrinking them down instead in cases where it's sacrilege.

this isn't a spectacular example, but it gets the point across.

for petes sake

• The Road of Trials
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #449 on: July 31, 2007, 08:24:07 PM »

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy