Author Topic: banners  (Read 39082 times)

Pubrick

• Admin
  • on the not-face of it
  • Respect: +774
Re: banners
« Reply #420 on: March 21, 2006, 04:30:48 AM »
^ These rock, i was wondering if any stills from any this film would make it, alphaville is awesome, and these cropped stills from it kicks ass too
what are you asking? of course some of these stills will make it, that's what this thread is for. ppl post banners they've made and we put some of them up.

:yabbse-huh: now i'm not sure if you were even asking anything.
under the paving stones.

Neil

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Being genuine just isn't enough these days.
  • Respect: +157
« Reply #421 on: March 21, 2006, 01:58:19 PM »
I was just curious on the whole purpose for the thread, kind of.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Bethie

• the golden goddess
  • The Return Threshold
  • you ever hear the story of mr. faded glory?
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #422 on: March 22, 2006, 12:35:39 AM »
and I was just curious on your purpose
who likes movies anyway

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

• :boxing:
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #423 on: March 22, 2006, 01:38:53 AM »
How venomous.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Reinhold

• Respect: +3
« Reply #424 on: March 27, 2006, 04:09:00 AM »
this'll round out my new wave kick... i have caps from Hiroshima Mon Amor and Jules et Jim that aren't bannerfried yet, but i don't think i'll do those. (though very cool, they're b/w) if i can find the Une Femme Est Une Femme caps i did a while ago, i might bannerfy them. it's a beautiful movie.

breathless:

day for night:

Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

squints

• Respect: +75
« Reply #425 on: April 28, 2006, 06:13:56 PM »

what movie is this from?
“The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts” – Friedrich Nietzsche

I Don't Believe in Beatles

• The Meeting with the Goddess
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #426 on: April 28, 2006, 06:16:19 PM »

what movie is this from?

Danger: Diabolik.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Reinhold

« Reply #427 on: April 30, 2006, 06:09:27 PM »
i haven't seen any of my breathless caps in circulation... is there something i should change?
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

• :boxing:
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #428 on: April 30, 2006, 07:33:19 PM »
I'd say wait a little longer, it's only been a month and there are so many caps.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Reinhold

« Reply #429 on: June 29, 2006, 08:59:13 AM »
i'm doing caps for brokeback (already did), good night and good luck, the new world, and munich. if anybody has any specific requests for shots, pm me today.

Pubrick

• Admin
  • on the not-face of it
« Reply #430 on: June 29, 2006, 09:44:15 AM »
i'm doing caps for brokeback (already did), good night and good luck, the new world, and munich. if anybody has any specific requests for shots, pm me today.

my only request for all banner submissions is: no shit ones. not that you make especially bad ones, they've been alright actually, but as a general rule to anyone making banners -- don't try to be more artistic than the material itself.

also no extreme close ups unless they are utterly iconic.
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

• The H.W. of Xixax...
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #431 on: November 30, 2006, 07:01:28 PM »

what about utterly erotic?

Pubrick

• Admin
  • on the not-face of it
« Reply #432 on: November 30, 2006, 11:14:36 PM »

what about utterly erotic?
long shots are better in that area as well. a nipple is all well and good, but the erotic part is whose nipple is it.
under the paving stones.

squints

• Respect: +75
« Reply #433 on: January 14, 2007, 03:17:34 PM »
I've just recently noticed the Brick and the Prestige. very nice. Did i see one from the Departed?
“The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts” – Friedrich Nietzsche

modage

• Admin
  • Respect: +727
    • Floating Heads
« Reply #434 on: January 14, 2007, 09:32:04 PM »
yes, yes you did.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy