Author Topic: banners  (Read 38788 times)

ono

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +203
banners
« Reply #375 on: November 03, 2005, 01:54:13 AM »
Shoot me now.  Looks like I'll have to sit through another one of Crowe's "moving pictures," aka "talkies."

I figure if that shot's any indication, if I shove some cotton balls in my ears I can enjoy the purty pictures.  :yabbse-zoneout:

NEON MERCURY

• Respect: +16
Re: banners
« Reply #376 on: November 06, 2005, 08:49:48 PM »
last ones...

:cry:  wheres the love for cabin fever?

modage

• Admin
  • Respect: +719
    • Floating Heads
« Reply #377 on: November 07, 2005, 12:26:12 AM »
i dont have cabin fever.  maybe i'll rewatch it next year though. more excited about Hostel.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pope Classic

• The Call to Adventure
  • Obeying Meyerhold Since 2003
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #378 on: November 09, 2005, 08:01:03 PM »
I felt compelled to contribute to the community.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

JFK

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Man Bites Dog

THX-1138

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ignoring Meyerhold since 2005

I Don't Believe in Beatles

• The Meeting with the Goddess
« Reply #379 on: November 09, 2005, 08:24:50 PM »
Where are these from?

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

hedwig

• Lazy bones ain't got no time to waste away
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #380 on: November 09, 2005, 08:31:26 PM »

modage

• Admin
    • Floating Heads
« Reply #381 on: November 09, 2005, 09:38:49 PM »
Where are these from?

birth of a nation.  high tension.  2046.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

• The Meeting with the Goddess
« Reply #382 on: November 09, 2005, 10:00:02 PM »
Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 10:53:30 PM by modage »
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Reinhold

• Respect: +3
« Reply #383 on: November 10, 2005, 04:53:21 PM »
the first one (in sepia) is from Birth of a Nation-- a delightful social commentary from the early 1900's.

as for the other two, i don't know.
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

MacGuffin

• Admin
  • Respect: +639
« Reply #384 on: November 10, 2005, 05:54:43 PM »
the first one (in sepia) is from Birth of a Nation-- a delightful social commentary from the early 1900's.

as for the other two, i don't know.

birth of a nation.  high tension.  2046.

Thank you.
“Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reinhold

« Reply #385 on: November 15, 2005, 06:55:24 PM »

Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

modage

• Admin
    • Floating Heads
« Reply #386 on: November 15, 2005, 07:38:08 PM »
okay, firstly, thank you for the banners.  and let me extend this offer to anyone so inclined.  if you have a dvd capping program on your computer and would like to contribute it would be very much appreciated.  i've been trying to freshen up the banner selection recently and i can't do it alone.  the only thing would be to try to make sure that your banners are of the highest quality.  no stretching, no pixelation, etc.  which makes these great EXCEPT something i've been doing to my banners is making sure that the levels are a good contrast so the image isnt dull.

too dull.  while it may represent best what the film looks like, for a visual representation it's too bland.

just the right balance.  if you have photoshop i usually manually go into the Levels tool and pull up the highlights and shadows just a little bit (depending on how much the image needs it) to get the best quality image.

but just watch it.  if you adjust the levels too much, it also looks bad.

black and white images are usually easier.  most times you can just hit Auto Levels and it does a good job making it just the right contrast.  sometimes you have to watch it though.  if anyone has any other questions, just ask.

Reinhold

« Reply #387 on: November 16, 2005, 05:05:22 PM »

Pwaybloe

• Respect: +31
« Reply #388 on: November 17, 2005, 01:56:14 PM »
I haven't seen that movie in a long time, but I forgot how young Jake Gyllennaseraejl;jerl was. 

A Matter Of Chance

• The Ultimate Boon
  • RIP Antonioni, Bergman
« Reply #389 on: November 21, 2005, 03:29:46 PM »
Please tell me what movie this is from, it's killing me..!

Thank you.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy