Author Topic: banners  (Read 37122 times)

Myxo

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +28
banners
« Reply #225 on: January 16, 2005, 12:12:41 AM »
Quote from: themodernage02
get photoshop.

Amazon.com lists Photoshop CS at $600..

I'm not gunna spend that to make banners. For now that's all I'd use it for. Any idea where I can get it legally for a whole lot less than that? Thanks!

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
  • Respect: +1278
banners
« Reply #226 on: January 16, 2005, 12:42:22 AM »
Quote from: Myxomatosis
Any idea where I can get it legally for a whole lot less than that? Thanks!

If you're willing to compromise your values, there's no shortage of Photoshop on file sharing networks.

But if you really want to surrender to the law, well, a free copy of Photoshop Elements came with my Canon scanner, for example (and it's a cheap one). That's probably all you need.

And once I bought a $30 MIDI cable that came with a full free copy of Cakewalk Metro, which was worth $250 at the time.
"Hunger is the purest sin"

cine

• Pretttttyyy, Pretttyyyyy Pretty Good
  • Admin
  • Respect: +281
banners
« Reply #227 on: January 16, 2005, 12:46:58 AM »
Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Cakewalk Metro

man, i wish invented that name first.

Two Lane Blacktop

• The Meeting with the Goddess
  • Respect: 0
    • http://www.owlstretching.com
banners
« Reply #228 on: January 16, 2005, 01:02:01 AM »

Any idea where I can get it legally for a whole lot less than that?

I have friends who swear by Paint Shop Pro as a Photoshop substitute...  in fact they all prefer it.  I have PS due to my job, but if I were buying a graphics program out of my pocket, I'd go with PSP.

2LB
Body by Guinness

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

• :boxing:
  • Respect: +20
banners
« Reply #229 on: January 16, 2005, 12:11:07 PM »
How do you take a DVD capture and make it fit inside the blue border to make a banner?

- Oh, and I don't have photoshop.

The Blue Border can be downloaded on the first page of this.

Photoshop is pretty easy to find, I'd be surprised if you didn't know anyone who had it.  Downloading it on a filesharing program wouldn't be hard, but if you have the dough, pick it up.

One of the best tools on my computer.  (Next to Flash, Adobe Premeire Pro and Fruity Loops... anyone know where to get Final Draft?)
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

banners
« Reply #230 on: January 16, 2005, 12:14:11 PM »
Sorry about the double post, but does anyone else play "Guess the banner" when they're bored?

Just click refresh and guess which movie the banner is from.

I like to come here with some friends and the first person to name the movie gets a point... it's actually pretty fun.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

mogwai

banners
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2005, 12:49:00 PM »
Quote from: Walrus
I like to come here with some friends and the first person to name the movie gets a point... it's actually pretty fun.

sounds alright but not when multiple banners from the same movie shows up.

modage

• Admin
  • Respect: +698
    • Floating Heads
banners
« Reply #232 on: January 16, 2005, 11:16:40 PM »
the thing i love about banners is that when you visit this site as often as i (or a lot of us) do, you take them in, in an almost subconcious way.  like, when you've seen one 1000 times you barely look at it anymore especially if its a recognizable scene from a movie we all love.  but the best thing, for me, is the banners you cant place.  because sometimes when i'm watching a film for the first time, i get to a certain scene and feel a sense of deja vu, like how everything seems familiar. and for that one perfect instant i know where i recognize this moment from: xixax.  thats really cool, and its happened to me a handful of times when watching old movies i had never seen before, (mostly due to cinephiles wonderful banners).  so it is my hope, that when i make them, that will happen to some of you.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

banners
« Reply #233 on: January 17, 2005, 12:14:03 PM »
I love seeing banners to movies I haven't seen, but I forget about them since I don't know which movie they belong to, then I see the movie they're in and it's like "Oooh".

modage

• Admin
  • Respect: +698
    • Floating Heads
banners
« Reply #234 on: January 17, 2005, 02:31:01 PM »
i think thats what i just said.  :saywhat:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

banners
« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2005, 09:19:46 PM »

MacGuffin

• Admin
  • Respect: +638
banners
« Reply #236 on: January 20, 2005, 09:26:21 PM »
Quote from: Walrus Shakur

Redo this one. The movie's not called Black & White Velvet.
“Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

banners
« Reply #237 on: January 20, 2005, 09:28:12 PM »
Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Walrus Shakur

Redo this one. The movie's not called Black & White Velvet.

Sorry, I pulled that one off of the intarweb.

Didn't think it being black and white would be a problem, but don't use it if you don't want.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

banners
« Reply #238 on: February 01, 2005, 09:23:50 PM »

sickfins

• Electrician
  • Respect: 0
banners
« Reply #239 on: February 02, 2005, 12:02:53 AM »
don't squish the pictures
dn't sqsh th pctrs
d'tsqhtpts
d'qps
dqs
q

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy