Author Topic: The New Format - SECOND ACCOUNTS STILL NOT ALLOWED  (Read 16318 times)

Duck Sauce

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +4
The New Format
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2004, 11:07:31 PM »
Quote from: męgwai

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

lol, nice touch

Tommy Both

• The Vision Quest
  • Respect: 0
The New Format
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2004, 03:20:23 AM »
Quote from: P
that means everyone.

duck sauce's question was for the collective "I". and if it wasn't now it is.

WE - the Royal I...

Good to hear everybody is willing to donate - me too of course...!
I hope XIXAX.COM will always be there.. I even put it on my first short movie credits at the end... I plan on doing that with all of my flicks, just for the credit,  'cause this is a cinephiles panic room...

• deeply superficial
  • Respect: +9
The New Format
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2004, 05:33:20 AM »
Xixax is all about da Bling Bling.
context, context, context.

SoNowThen

• 24/30 Cinema
The New Format
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2004, 08:49:59 AM »
I'm lovin' the new banner set-up, guys. Good work!!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sigur Rˇs

• The H.W. of Xixax...
  • Respect: +7
The New Format
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2004, 10:49:40 AM »
I just wanna say: That 50's cinema-front-thingy is niiiice!

godardian

• Respect: +6
    • Trappings
The New Format
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2004, 03:55:23 PM »
Does the new format have anything to do with why I can't get to my profile/inbox right now?
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Xixax

• Electrician
    • http://maddancer.com
The New Format
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2004, 04:08:19 PM »
Quote from: godardian
Does the new format have anything to do with why I can't get to my profile/inbox right now?

It shouldn't.

I did make some updates (security patches) to those files yesterday, but I tested them and they seem to work fine for me.

Is anyone else having trouble?
Quote from: Pas Rapport
I don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

godardian

• Trappings
The New Format
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2004, 04:09:53 PM »
Quote from: Xixax

It shouldn't.

I did make some updates (security patches) to those files yesterday, but I tested them and they seem to work fine for me.

Is anyone else having trouble?

I was able to get to my inbox etc. earlier today, but now (within the past 30 min, probably) nothing on that entire line works... my cursor just goes over it without turning into a little pointing hand...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Xixax

• Electrician
The New Format
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2004, 04:24:00 PM »
Aah. Cure your woes. Reboot.
I don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

modage

• Admin
  • Respect: +727
    • Floating Heads
The New Format
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2004, 04:26:38 PM »
i think the spinning logo and marquee design are fantastic.  whoever did the xixaxfeature thingy is awesome.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Xixax

• Electrician
The New Format
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2004, 04:28:56 PM »
Quote from: themodernage02
i think the spinning logo and marquee design are fantastic.  whoever did the xixaxfeature thingy is awesome.

That would be the one and only Gary Dorsey, Mad Dancer Media's designer!
[/size]

SoNowThen

• 24/30 Cinema
The New Format
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2004, 04:31:49 PM »
all together now:

Thank you, Gary!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

godardian

• Trappings
The New Format
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2004, 05:20:40 PM »

I did this... same problem. :(

ono

• Respect: +208
The New Format
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2004, 06:00:42 PM »

What browser?

godardian

• Trappings
The New Format
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2004, 07:06:47 PM »
Quote from: Onomatopoeia

What browser?

IE.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy