Author Topic: dave depraved cronenberg  (Read 30533 times)

wilder

• Respect: +1691
Re: dave depraved cronenberg
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2014, 07:18:08 PM »
Not sure how reputable this is but it sounds like Cronenberg is checking out of the game for a bit?

David Cronenberg’s venomous human satire, Maps to the Stars, is the final movie in his 48-year career ... maybe!

“I had a great time doing Maps,” Cronenberg says of his adaptation of writer Bruce Wagner’s acidic takedown of a gaggle of people in the Hollywood film business. “But I just don’t feel I need to do another movie just to do a movie.”

Cronenberg says he feels no similar compulsion about any other film project. “It needs to be something that I feel I ‘must’ do, which I felt about Maps. At the moment, I don’t have any projects like that.”

David Cronenberg contemplates retirement with 'Maps to the Stars' - Toronto Sun

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1426
    • Neon Burrito
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2014, 11:38:23 PM »
i consider this important news:

<
Every perspective is an act of creation.

wilder

« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2015, 04:32:10 PM »
Cronenberg in an hour long conversation with Film Society of Lincoln Center back in 2005, when A History of Violence was released

OpO1832

• The Road of Trials
  • Respect: +23
« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2015, 09:50:49 PM »
I love were Cronebergs career has gone! History of Violence and Eastern Promises are really outstanding! I haven't seen Cosmopolis or Maps to the Stars but he is making very interesting work. This man needs more props! 

wilder

« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2015, 03:04:45 PM »
David Cronenberg is turning this animated short into a feature film
via The AV Club

David Cronenberg is getting into the animation game. Perhaps running low on pieces of metal that he can shape into horrifying medical instruments, the director is instead turning his attention to an award-winning short film. Dread Central reports the Canadian auteur is planning to adapt Foxed!, a dark little animated short that has just been made available to watch for free online.

Foxed! - Vimeo

wilder

« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2016, 09:00:36 PM »
+1
Three David Cronenberg/Howard Shore Soundtracks Are Coming to Vinyl, Including 'Crash'
via The Playlist

Mondo and Howe Records are releasing all three over the next few months.

David Cronenberg may be considering retiring from filmmaking in order to focus on his literary pursuits, but the reluctant financiers who've made it hard for him to continue making difficult art will never be able to take away the likes of "Videodrome" and "Eastern Promises." The filmmaker has collaborated with Howard Shore more than a dozen times, a partnership being celebrated by Howe Records and Mondo's upcoming vinyl releases of "Naked Lunch," "Dead Ringers" and "Crash."

"Naked Lunch" will be released tomorrow, May 25, with "Dead Ringers" and "Crash" following in June and July, respectively. Rich Kelly designed the covers for "Naked Lunch" and "Crash," while Randy Ortiz is responsible for "Dead Ringers."

These three releases follow Mondo's releases of "Scanners" and "The Brood," two other Cronenberg/Shore collaborations.

Naked Lunch OST Vinyl - Mondo

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
  • Respect: +1338
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2016, 10:00:41 PM »
Those are some seriously great album covers.
"Hunger is the purest sin"

wilder

« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2017, 06:17:49 PM »
David Cronenberg Novel ‘Consumed’ To Be Developed As TV Series By ‘FTWD’s Dave Erickson & ‘Lucifer’s Sheri Elwood At AMC
via Deadline

David Cronenberg’s novel Consumed is getting drama series treatment at AMC. Fear The Walking Dead showrunner Dave Erickson has teamed with Lucifer executive producer Sheri Elwood to develop the novel as an hourlong drama series for AMC, where Erickson is under an overall deal.

Erickson and Elwood will pen the adaptation and showrun. Consumed is described as a mind-bending psychological thriller that follows two journalists who set out to solve the cannibalistic murder of a controversial Parisian philosopher. The book was published in 2014 by Charles Scribner’s Sons. Erickson and Elwood will executive produce with Cronenberg, who also may direct. Cronenberg’s longtime collaborator Robert Lantos of Serendipity Point, which produced Cronenberg’s Eastern Promises, will also executive produce.

The project falls under Erickson’s new multi-year overall deal with AMC he signed in March. He announced at that time that he’ll be stepping down as showrunner at the end of the current third season of Fear The Walking Dead to focus on developing new shows for AMC but will remain as EP on the series. He is now in San Diego for FTWD’s panel tomorrow.

Erickson worked closely with The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman to develop Fear the Walking Dead as a companion series to TWD, His previous credits include Marco Polo, Sons of Anarchy and Canterbury’s Law.

Multi-hyphenate Cronenberg’s credits include Maps To The Stars (director), Cosmopolis (director, writer), and A Dangerous Method (director). His 1996 film Crash won the Jury Prize at the Cannes Film Festival.

Elwood is repped by CAA and manager Robyn Meisinger. Erickson is repped by CAA and attorney Gregg Gellman. Cronenberg is repped by ICM Partners.

WorldForgot

• The Road of Trials
  • 'change your hair, change your life'
  • Respect: +46
    • tweettweet
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2017, 06:11:23 AM »
And!

SCANNERS this Saturday at TheNewBevvvv

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy