is Kill Bill racist?

Started by Jeremy Blackman, October 16, 2003, 10:34:25 AM

edison

Id like to enter evidence number 2, seems he doesnt ever change clothes.

cine

And hey... if QT has Uma kill Budd and Bill in the second volume, he may as well just change the title of the film to Kill Whitey.

Jeremy Blackman

I think that article is wrong mostly because it assumes that Tarantino is racist because he doesn't attach a "but this isn't racist" disclaimer on everything. Just look how similar Marcellus Wallace and Bill are. One white, one black. I don't think he's trying to make any kind of racial meaning, and I don't even think Kill Bill has any real feminist meaning. It really is a stretch anyway to extend the black culture of Pulp Fiction to Kill Bill... that doesn't make sense.

finlayr

That is THE most stupid thing I have ever heard in my life.  No Kill Bill is not at all racist.  Tarantino is not racist.  Jeesus Christ!!  (that's racist)  But c'mon, there's no need to even talk about something as stupid as this, people, don't waste your time--just clarify for whatever fucking dickheads think it is racist, that it isn't!!  I can't believe this!  He made a black film for black audiences with Jackie Brown and I mean,...this is soooooo stupid....I can't think about this anymore it annoys me so much...  Fucking idiots.
Filmmaker

cine

Quote from: finlayrHe made a black film for black audiences with Jackie Brown
Maybe he just wanted to expose them as a bad race of people.. Brown kills somebody, Ordell kills people, Tucker is in jail, they all take money.. and the white folk like Keaton and Forster are there to restore order........:roll:

Ravi

Quote from: EEz28

Id like to enter evidence number 2, seems he doesnt ever change clothes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Picture of the year.  Great avatar material.

This picture is a prime example of Tarantino co-opting black culture and poking fun at it by wearing it in an ironic fashion.

Cecil

QuoteWhen you think of the resounding flop of Jackie Brown

flop? it cost what, 15 million... made 40 in america and another 30 foreign?

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Cecil
QuoteWhen you think of the resounding flop of Jackie Brown

flop? it cost what, 15 million... made 40 in america and another 30 foreign?

..agree.  this film is under-rated

Alethia

qt loses and gains weight quite rapidly over short periods of time it seems

finlayr

Cinephile:  You give Americans a bad name.  That's such a stupid thing to say.  Mr. White kills people is Res Dogs.  Is he racist?  Does he not like white people?  I'll just assume you were joking...or if you weren't I'm praying for your stupid soul...or maybe you're the kind of American that Michael Moore talks about...or if this were Kill Bill, I'd dress in yellow and black, hunt you down and!!!!.....say....

YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING!!!
Filmmaker

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

finlayr

so was I...

"It's cool, essay, it's cool.  Lead the way."
~QT in Desperado
Filmmaker

TheVoiceOfNick

I think Kill Bill is totally racist... I agree completely with Mr. White, who is probably Black.

SPOILERS (DON'T READ BEYOND HERE IF YOU DON'T WANT IT SPOILED)

Not only did The Bride kill a black woman at the begining of the movie, she kills the black woman in front of her daughter... I agree that in society there aren't enough black people around, so its definetly not possible that a black woman could possibly be a part of this gang of thugs.  Nevermind the fact that there are a couple of white guys that haven't been killed yet (maybe in volume 2?)... its the black woman that was killed in this one.  Nevermind the fact that her character tried to kill the Bride many years ago and left her for dead... she should be immune from vengence for her actions.  And the nerve of killing the woman in front of her daughter.  That racist Bride... she knew the whole time that little girl was there... don't tell me she didn't!  She had lots of time to save her own life without killing the girl's mother... and she showed NO sympathy to that little girl... even after saying she'd kill her whole family... i guess she just forgot to kill the little girl... maybe the Bride will come back to lynch her later...

And please... Tarantino is so racist against Asians... don't even get me started!  Ok, i'll get started anyways... forget the fact that the Bride befriended an asian man, who was portrayed as an honorable man, nevermind that!  She killed all of those asians with that other asian man's sword... i'd go as far as to say that this was an act of genocide!  How could he have made a sword that killed his own people... nevermind the fact that the people the Bride wanted to kill were evil crime lords who terrorized those poor restaurant owners... nevermind that... this was a great atrocity, and an awful day for our world's overall society.

Yes, Quintin Tarantino is completely racist... so what if he shot part of this movie in Asia, and helped influx money into a foreign nation's economy, and gave hundreds of foreign extras jobs... in his heart, he really hated these people...  I hope he burns in hell and never makes another movie... he has nothing to say, and he hurts our national pride!

Nick

P.S. if you can't realize this whole post has been complete sarcasm, you're an idiot.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: finlayr"It's cool, essay"

I think it's "ese"...  :yabbse-undecided: ...

finlayr

Filmmaker