Author Topic: Next in line for Soderbergh  (Read 22443 times)

Drenk

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +587
Re: Next in line for Soderbergh
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2017, 07:40:26 AM »
It must be exhausting to always think about how you can be efficient all the time with the time you have.
I'm so many people.

wilder

• Respect: +1848
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2018, 05:22:45 PM »
+1

wilder

« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2018, 01:05:28 AM »
Steven Soderbergh Reteams with André Holland for NBA Drama ‘High Flying Bird,’ Shooting This Month
via IndieWire

No rest for the weary when it comes to Steven Soderbergh’s 2018. In between all of his media consumption, the director’s app-turned-TV show Mosiac is now airing on HBO and in just a few weeks he’ll premiere his iPhone-shot psychological horror film Unsane at Berlinale. Then he’s back to New York City to shoot a new film, and more details on the project have now been revealed.

Set to begin production at the end of the month, the NBA drama High Flying Bird will be led by his break-out star of The Knick, André Holland. It will also mark another reunion for Holland as the script is written by Tarell Alvin McCraney, the Oscar-winning co-writer of Moonlight. While the project was initially revealed last fall, we now know more about the drama thanks to the first logline: “During an NBA lockout, a sports agent, Dean (Holland), presents his rookie client, Erick Scott, with an intriguing and controversial business opportunity.”

With the shoot lasting only a little over two weeks and Soderbergh’s recent comments about how iPhones are the future of filmmaking, one would imagine he’ll utilize the smartphone for this yet again. As we await word on additional casting, Soderbergh also just lined up another project with the action thriller Planet Kill. Producing with an eye to direct, the undisclosed story comes from Scott Z. Burns (Contagion) and James Greer (Unsane), Deadline reports. Soderbergh truly never left, but as Logan Lucky proved, it’s a welcome sight to have him taking on a plethora of feature films once again.

eward

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +110
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2018, 12:00:45 PM »
My best friend of nearly 25 years is working on this. He had to sign one seriously loaded NDA.
"Do you laugh at jealousy?"

"No, I don't even laugh at seasickness! I happen to regard jealousy as the seasickness of passion."

wilder

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2018, 05:42:23 PM »
Steven Soderbergh And Writer Lem Dobbs Team Up Again For New Six-Part Series
via The Playlist

Steven Soderbergh is teaming up with semi-regular collaborator, writer Lem Dobbs, yet again, for an untitled six-part series. Not much else is known about the project.

The pair of Soderbergh and Dobbs have previously worked on three films together over the last two-and-a-half decades, starting with 1991’s mystery-thriller film “Kafka.” Since then, they have reteamed on films that are about a decade apart with “The Limey” and  2011’s “Haywire.” It stands to reason that it’s about time for the two to work together again. Each of their previous three films have received positive critical reviews but have never been breakout hits. Perhaps, a change of venue, like moving to the small screen, is what the duo needs to reach a mass audience.

Since “Haywire,” Lem Dobbs has written a couple other films. First, in 2012, he wrote the film “The Company You Keep,” which was directed by Robert Redford. And this year sees the release of the long-awaited John Gotti biopic, aptly titled “Gotti,” starring John Travolta.

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
  • Respect: +1952
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2018, 05:53:29 PM »
+1
I would love if there was a corresponding documentary series following Soderbergh doing his damnedest to salvage Dobbs' scripts and Dobbs bristling with barely-contained rage at every single change.
First things first, I'm surrealist

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy