What the hell is wrong with Tom Cruise?

filmcritic · 339 · 69011

MacGuffin

• Admin
Reply #315 on: July 23, 2007, 01:20:53 AM
Tom Cruise sweet on 'Salt' role
Columbia in talks with George to direct
Source: Variety

Columbia Pictures is in negotiations with Terry George to direct "Edwin A. Salt," a Kurt Wimmer-scripted drama that is being developed as a star vehicle for Tom Cruise.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Sunil Perkash are producing.

Col's hope is for Cruise to play the title character, a CIA officer who is fingered by a defector as a Russian sleeper spy. Salt must elude capture by his superiors and sets out to reunite with his family and prove his innocence.

Cruise has been busy this year making the Robert Redford-directed "Lions for Lambs" and the Bryan Singer-directed "Valkyrie" for United Artists after he and partner Paula Wagner revived the shingle. But he has been eyeing several other projects for possible pre-strike films. Despite the recent Sturm und Drang in Germany over "Valkyrie," one other possibility is a remake of the Doris Dorrie-directed German comedy "Men," which has director Todd Phillips attached at Warner Bros.

Cruise has been intrigued for months by "Edwin A. Salt," and the studio has been engaged in finding the right director. George, who last directed "Hotel Rwanda," just finished "Reservation Road," a Focus Features drama that stars Joaquin Phoenix, Mark Ruffalo, Jennifer Connelly and Mira Sorvino.
“Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Success is not a goal, it's a byproduct.
Reply #316 on: July 23, 2007, 03:01:48 AM
Tommy got fingered

B.C. Long

• The Vision Quest
    • The Only Magic Left is Art
Reply #317 on: July 24, 2007, 02:32:06 AM
Has Tom seen Ultra Violet?

modage

• Admin
    • Cinephile: A Card Game
Reply #318 on: January 15, 2008, 12:41:26 PM
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleepless

• The Master of Three Worlds
  • I told you I would eat you
Reply #319 on: January 15, 2008, 01:09:54 PM
See, that's who Britney needs help from. Not Dr. Phil.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Stefen

• smh
Reply #320 on: January 15, 2008, 01:18:05 PM
If he's the second most powerful person in Scientology, then who's the first?
Let's go to a motel. We don't have to do anything -- we could just swim.

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
Reply #321 on: January 15, 2008, 05:23:42 PM
If he's the second most powerful person in Scientology, then who's the first?

This guy.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

• smh
Reply #322 on: January 15, 2008, 05:41:53 PM
haha he was Tom's best man. His hobbies include riding motorcycles and eating Jewish babies.
Let's go to a motel. We don't have to do anything -- we could just swim.

72teeth

• noble creature...
Reply #323 on: January 15, 2008, 09:49:44 PM
I was seriously waiting for him to say:

"I am here to enlighten you"

or

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve - it's what. you. take."

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Just Withnail

• Truls Krane Meby's website
Reply #324 on: January 15, 2008, 11:31:12 PM
So what exactly is "the ballpark" and how do I "get out of it"? Has Tom Cruise just threatened to kill me?

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
Reply #325 on: January 17, 2008, 05:39:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly-hTPNRlWU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5sHSnQ7mzM

More of Tom accepting the award for craziest man in the asylum.  Watching the first video, I can't help but wonder at what point did Tom Cruise actually turn into Frank T.J. Mackey in real life?  I kept waiting for him to ask everyone to open up their blue booklets and then knocking over a table.
My house, my rules, my coffee

bonanzataz

• Electrician
Reply #326 on: January 20, 2008, 11:54:53 AM
god, take a look at the first page of this thread. was the board ever REALLY this boring? really?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil’s rain we’ll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, ’cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, ’cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put ’em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put ’em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Alexandro

Reply #327 on: January 21, 2008, 11:17:44 AM
well, we do have a history of prefering fill this place with posts about stupid bullshit more than with actual film discussion...but it's fun...

To merge both of these tendencies on the Tom Cruise subject I gotta say that his performance in Magnolia (his best along with Collateral) always freaks me out a little bit because he really seems to be a little bit like Frank Mackey in his day to day life. The overwhelming self confidence, the hidden "issues" that come out every now and then in the way he speaks, his crazy laughter. He relished in that character and it shows. It's a little bit like Travolta dressing up as a fat woman and having the time of his life cause finally he can live up his fantasy in front of everyone...

Career wise, Cruse is fucking dead unless he starts making movies again and concentrates only on the work. Good movies with good directors can save anyone's career.

MacGuffin

• Admin
Reply #328 on: January 23, 2008, 11:59:47 AM
“Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

Reply #329 on: January 23, 2008, 02:22:24 PM
Not working, but here you go:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3f716ffebe
WWPTAD?