Author Topic: Future Tarantino: Where it's never gonna happen, but we hope that it does(n't).  (Read 49342 times)

Reelist

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Respect: +994
What I find most interesting in Tarantino's retelling of this is the potential for exploring the multiple plotlines leading up to and after the murders. He's always had a knack for playing with the chronology of a story to reveal new details from the different perspectives it's shown. I think that where he could fudge with history a bit is in what these separate chronologies bring to light about the case.

One of Tarantino's favorite topics of Race shows it's face again here, with Manson's preaching of a coming Race war and planning the murder scene to frame the Black Panthers. I wonder how it will reflect the current climate we're in.
You can go to places in the world with pudding. That. Is. Funny.

KJ

• The Magic Flight
  • Respect: +282
I read on the IMDB trivia page that Brad Pitt and DiCaprio is rumored for this. Margot Robbie is also rumored to play Sharon Tate.

God, the more I think about this, the more I want to see it. This seems like something new and refreshing after his last three films.

Lottery

• The Return Threshold
  • You're Dead!
  • Respect: +455
Set in Los Angeles in the summer of 1969, Tarantino’s upcoming movie, according to a source who read the script, focuses on a male TV actor who’s had one hit series and his looking for a way to get into the film business. His sidekick—who’s also his stunt double—is looking for the same thing. The horrific murder of Sharon Tate and four of her friends by Charles Manson’s cult of followers serves as a backdrop to the main story.

Very interesting. Fingers crossed that it's going to be a really different work for him.

KJ

• The Magic Flight
  • Respect: +282
Exited to see something somewhat modern again. Hateful Eight is one of my favorite Tarantino films, but he has basically made that same film for years now, and it's the perfect time to move on to something different. He perfected that film with H8.

I read some rumor that Tom Cruise might be in it, and it must be the stunt double role, right? Would make so much sense for Tarantino to cast him in that role. Zoe Bell could be in it too, I guess? Being a stunt double herself and a Tarantino regular and all.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy