Author Topic: Welles, Orson  (Read 17360 times)

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1366
    • Neon Burrito
Re: Welles, Orson
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2016, 03:22:24 PM »
as this is a palace for movies, clearly, let it be said that everyone's been waiting around forever for this release. and netflix will see it through to the end, it's always been within reach. Welles means to cinema what the Apostles mean to the New Testament, and this is a book we'll be glad to have around:

Featuring a roster of Welles' buds including John Huston, Peter Bogdanovich, Henry Jaglom, Susan Strasberg, Dennis Hopper, Paul Mazursky and Claude Chabrol, the movie, shot in 8mm, 16mm and 35mm, follows an aged Hollywood director attempting to revive his career by making a trippy film filled with sex and violence.

Who knows if this latest attempt to finally finish "The Other Side Of The Wind" will pan out, and it's worth bearing in mind that Sasha Welles, Kodar's nephew, "has indicated negotiations have not gone as smoothly as he had hoped." Moreover, an attempt was made by Bogdanovich to complete 'Wind' for Showtime in 1999, but he ran afoul of Kodar, who he blamed for stalling the project.

is Bogdanovich having production money similar to Harry Knowles having production money, as in is it meant to be accepted that life is also a factor? maybe this movie's release will coincide with The Man Who Killed Don Quixote... but that's ridiculous, because this movie is already done. if Kodar is the missing key here well, as i'm not him i can say that he has his own reasons, and my fingers are crossed.
Every perspective is an act of creation.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy