the strokes

Started by Rudie Obias, January 16, 2003, 04:44:51 PM

El Duderino

the end has no end
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

mogwai

THE STROKES START AGAIN

THE STROKES have said they feel like they are "starting from scratch" as they begin work on their third album.

The band recently took time out from recording sessions in New York to make appearances at the T In The Park and Oxegen festivals (July 10-11).

Speaking exclusively to NME.COM, the band gave the lowdown on the band's third album. So far, three songs have been demoed, with Albert Hammond Jr saying the group feel like they're working on their first record.

He said: "Everything feels new to me. In the new studio, it doesn't feel like we're making our third album, it feels like we're starting from scratch."

Singer Julian Casablancas added: "We've built a studio and started work on the new album. If it was done in a week it'd be good for me. The sooner the better! We haven't set ourselves any deadline. It's too early to even talk about titles. We've just recorded three demos."

noyes

south america's my name.

The Perineum Falcon

Thanks.

I'm getting a Weezer-vibe from it. "Hash Pipe," maybe?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

that's utter shite if you ask me, and i think the strokes areWERE ok.
:yabbse-undecided:
context, context, context.

modage

first impression: David Kahne ruined the Strokes.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

squints

Quote from: raneThanks.

I don't know so much about that...fer starters the strokes used more than three chords...and i dig it...if you ask me (which no one ever does  :(  ) Room On Fire was good but i thought it sounded too much like their first (at least as far as production goes) this is just one song however..i don't love it..but i don't hate it either...i'm sure the new album will have some gems that will put a little kick in my step while its blaring through the pod.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: squints
Quote from: raneThanks.

I don't know so much about that...
It made sense when I said it.

I don't completely hate it either.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Quote from: cronopiothat's utter shite if you ask me, and i think the strokes areWERE ok.
:yabbse-undecided:

i'll eat my day old words and say that the song's quite catchy after a few listens, but dammit it sounds franzish and that can't be too good cos those dudes already showed us how olympically annoying they can get when overplayed.
context, context, context.

Weird. Oh

Hate the verse with the bass riff. Otherwise, okay, very derivative. Hopefully, not the direction the album is going.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

killafilm

Just heard it for the second time on the radio coming home from work.  Almost sounds like a different band.  I'm down for changing your sound and all, just not sucking.  Which I think this does.  

Paul's Boutique -- Check Your Head = Good Solid Change
Ok Computer -- Kid A = Awesome Change

Room on Fire -- Album#3 = Hmm...?

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

killafilm

Ehh... late and tired...

Pozer

Quote from: cronopio...but dammit it sounds franzish and that can't be too good cos those dudes already showed us how olympically annoying they can get when overplayed.
I agree with this wholeheartedly.

modage

another strokes song, "You Only Live Twice" leaked here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JHSLSRF8
get it quick.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.