With his suitcase in his hand
Every road is lined with animals
That rise from their blood and walk
Well the moon won't get a wink of sleep
If I stay all night and talk

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 06:49:40 PM
the funniest part was definitely the A Hidden Life trailer playing before this movie

i respect this movie, it just didnít move me make me think surprise me or anything like that much. Taika Waititi can direct children with immense skill. and all that production design was top notch. it was well-put together but for what, why. who needs it. who wants it. easy laughs, easy goals, easy tears and a splash of nazi sympathy via Sam Rockwell. not even the imaginary friend of hitler was highly developed imo, in that he only appeared when jojo was alone

in terms of itís not that kind of movie to talk about that way, okay. double it with Bruce Almighty or whatever. it donít hurt nobody, sure

wilberfan

• The Return Threshold
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 06:48:16 PM
I really liked this movie.  Caught me completely and genuinely by surprise, actually.  I would be inclined to call it a kind of "Moonrise Deutchland", in that it's tone very much reminded me of "Moonrise Kingdom"--another film that I thoroughly enjoyed. (Not a huge Wes Anderson fan, but that one really resonated with me.)  Laughing, crying, characters you care about...sometimes that's all I want (or need) from a film. 
"Trying to fit in since 2017."

jenkins

Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 07:57:33 PM
you know i think "imagine Moonrise Kingdom, but nazism instead of summer camp" highlights both this movie's potential problems and how i was harder on it than i needed to be. i was more against this movie than was proper, i think now

pete

• freakin huge
    • my site
Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 12:11:26 PM
between this film and Knives Out - both films I like - the shadows of Wes Anderson looms large
ďTragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot.Ē
- Buster Keaton