XIXAX Film Forum

Long Day's Journey Into Night

jenkins · 3 · 246

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
on: April 26, 2019, 12:38:51 AM
i'm kind of over the internet, and that's an example of me being difficult about everything. and basically i mean that everything lets me down eventually.

i adored this movie. and some of you will too. some of you won't. i'm seeing it again tomorrow. i have to. you know what i mean. it just happens.

i didn't even provide the trailer or credits. kind of rude. and i can even still fix things. all this 'i,' i can take it out. god that sounds like work. i'll just go see this movie tomorrow.

Robyn

Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 12:59:40 AM
So sad that I can't watch this in the theater.

jenkins

Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 01:59:18 AM
it's crazy bc dude sits down in a movie theater, puts on 3d glasses, it's like an hour and a half into the movie, then the title card appears and there's a 50min 3d shot that takes place in a natural feeling dreamscape

the whole movie is a feeling. i can't quite describe what it's all about

i like its languor. its patience

the camera would surprise me and move in these really elegant ways

there's a lot of WKW influence i guess but it's far less precise than WKW, who wasn't quite precise in the first place

i saw it twice and i'd see it again but i probably won't actually. just because. but that might be it for me bc i wouldn't watch it again on a home media release, not after seeing it how i saw it

each time after leaving i'd wish that life felt like how the movie depicted it. that's when i best like a movie