XIXAX Film Forum

Phoebe Bridgers

Robyn · 9 · 569

Robyn

• The Master of Two Worlds
on: February 28, 2019, 01:22:50 PM
Didn't know where to post this, so she should probably have her own thread by now.  I guess this thread will be for me and polka because I haven't seen anyone else here recognize how great she is? Also not sure if I already posted about this. I know I thought about doing it...

Not a superfan of her collab with Oberst yet, I enjoy both of their solo efforts more, but I do like the idea of them making music together and enjoy listening to them talk about their craft in interviews. This one is good:

Also:

And literally everything else she has been involved with.

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 05:18:09 PM
Even if you and I are the only ones who care, this thread is good and necessary.

Here's some more of the good shit:

That's what fiction is for. It's for getting at the truth when the truth isn't sufficient for the truth.

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 05:48:59 PM
Dang that's good.  :yabbse-thumbup:
"Hunger is the purest sin"

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 06:58:48 PM
And if anyone ever dares question my bona fides, know that I found these videos of her high school band Einstein's Dirty Secret back when they only had like 20 views each.

That's what fiction is for. It's for getting at the truth when the truth isn't sufficient for the truth.

Robyn

Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 07:20:47 PM
Holy shit, lol.

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 03:10:23 AM
Apparently a thing they've been doing at Better Oblivion Community Center shows is playing Phoebe's song "Funeral" in the style of a Bad Religion-era punk song. It's everything I never knew I needed.

Robyn

Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 12:10:56 PM
Fuck yeah! Give me a studio version of that and I'll be a happy man.

Robyn

Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 03:55:25 AM

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 12:55:37 AM

I never really got into The National, and apparently this whole time it was only because of a lack of Phoebe Bridgers.