XIXAX Film Forum

Chained for Life

wilder · 4 · 717

wilder

on: February 03, 2019, 06:42:10 PM

A beautiful actress struggles to connect with her disfigured co-star on the set of a European auteur's English-language debut.

Written and Directed by Aaron Schimberg
Release Date - September 13, 2019 (Nuart), September 11, 2019 at IFC Center
Variety review

Quote from: Travis, Shotgun Cinema
I was already blown away from the first moments of Chained, which posits that although we tend to like actors because they are beautiful, exceptional beauty is as much an aberration as grotesque physical deformity. The rest of the film expands on this destabilizing observation, portraying the connection between a beautiful actress shooting a film and her co-star, a disfigured man.

'From Freaks to Fassbinder: six films that shaped my feature Chained for Life' - BFI
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 12:25:49 AM by wilder »

wilder

Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 01:18:01 AM
Opening at The Nuart in LA on September 13th / NY theatrical on September 11th at IFC Center

VOD release and blu-ray from Kino coming in the fall. UK blu-ray from Indicator also forthcoming at a TBD date.

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 04:28:34 PM
I'm hugely intrigued by this.

It also took me forever to remember what I knew Jess Weixler from; she's the girl from Teeth! Which came out 12 years ago now.  :shock:
That's what fiction is for. It's for getting at the truth when the truth isn't sufficient for the truth.

wilder

Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 03:43:29 PM
US Blu-ray from Kino on January 7, 2020