Author Topic: Specifically: Asia  (Read 264 times)

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1563
Specifically: Asia
« on: June 19, 2018, 01:05:46 PM »
+3
this thread is meant to motivate people to speak about movies from Asia.

this year, Japan won the Palme d'Or, and these are two of the highest grossing movies in the world so far:

what even is South Korea doing these days? jk i have an example duh

WorldForgot

• The Vision Quest
  • 'change your hair, change your life'
  • Respect: +102
    • tweettweet
Re: Specifically: Asia
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 02:00:13 PM »
+1

This movie is a BLAST. If you're an action movie fan you'll recognize all the beats, and sink your teeth into the theatricality of its chaos. The first one is serviceable but a bore in comparison, with a tone that's way too grounded. You'd be all right in skipping it for this one, there's a flashback sequence to catch you up.

jenkins

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 07:29:22 PM »
excellent!

one day i want to go to either Burbank Town Center 6 or Burbank Town Center 8, multiplex theaters that play these big international movies.

recently, past month, i watched Takashi Miike's Crows Zero and appreciated Miike all over again. he has a recent that was a big hit, as the trailer mentions it was his 100th movie

Headshot is a well-made action movie from Indonesia so i need to see that asap

and i clearly need to see The Villianess (sword fight on motorcycles at 1:10)

jenkins

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 02:23:12 AM »
this opened as a massive hit in China

jenkins

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 12:31:27 AM »
Juliette Binoche, Ethan Hawke Confirmed for Hirokazu Kore-eda’s ‘Verite’

Binoche and Hawke co-star as a married couple who return to France from the United States when the wife’s mother (Deneuve), a well-known actress, publishes her autobiography. During their reunion, various truths are revealed. The script is based on a stage play Kore-eda wrote nearly fifteen years ago, but never produced.

[...]

His “Like Father, Like Son” was acquired for remake by Steven Spielberg

jenkins

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 02:53:56 AM »
China’s Most Expensive Movie is an Epic Flop

The fantasy movie, which supposedly led a trilogy, spent 750 million yuan ($112 million) in its production that lasted for six years.

Unfortunately, it only earned 49.05 million yuan ($7.3 million) on its opening weekend.

As a result, producers Alibaba Pictures, Zhenjian Film Studio and Ningxia Film Group decided to pull the movie from cinemas on Sunday and offered their “deepest apologies to viewers who did not get a chance to watch the film,” the South China Morning Post noted.

“This decision was made not only because of the bad box office. We plan to make some changes to the film and release it again,” a Zhenjian Film representative told Sina News.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy