Author Topic: Skate Kitchen  (Read 163 times)

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1563
Skate Kitchen
« on: June 06, 2018, 12:38:16 AM »
+1

IN THEATERS AUGUST 10

In the first narrative feature from The Wolfpack director Crystal Moselle, Camille, an introverted teenage skateboarder (newcomer Rachelle Vinberg) from Long Island, meets and befriends an all-girl, New York City-based skateboarding crew called Skate Kitchen. She falls in with the in-crowd, has a falling-out with her mother, and falls for a mysterious skateboarder guy (Jaden Smith), but a relationship with him proves to be trickier to navigate than a kickflip. Writer/director Crystal Moselle immersed herself in the lives of the skater girls and worked closely with them, resulting in the film's authenticity, which combines poetic, atmospheric filmmaking and hypnotic skating sequences. SKATE KITCHEN precisely captures the experience of women in male-dominated spaces and tells a story of a girl who learns the importance of camaraderie and self-discovery.

Directed by: Crystal Moselle

it somehow doesn't have a trailer yet. i just heard about this, it's obviously going to slay. here's Jaden Smith putting his hopes and dreams into this, i like Jaden because he supported HeWillNotDivide.Us. also the director is straight up wearing a choker, and i want to take fashion tips from the female lead. this movie will work.

Girls via Kids is what i read from a positive review i forget which one, it only has positive reviews. i don't think it'll alter our concept of narratives but i think it'll feel right and true for its time (now).

matt35mm

• Bony old behind.
  • Respect: +494
    • My Films on Vimeo
Re: Skate Kitchen
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 03:53:04 AM »
I seen't it at Sundance. Pretty solid. Nothing mindblowing or new, but enjoyable.

jenkins

• Respect: +1563
Re: Skate Kitchen
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 12:17:02 PM »
spoiler: i'll like watching this movie

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy