Author Topic: Climax  (Read 824 times)

wilder

• Respect: +1879
Climax
« on: May 23, 2018, 04:26:38 AM »
+2

In the mid 90's, 20 urban dancers join together for a three-day rehearsal in a closed-down boarding school located at the heart of a forest to share one last dance. They then make one last party around a large sangria bowl. Quickly, the atmosphere becomes charged and a strange madness will seize them the whole night. If it seems obvious to them that they have been drugged, they neither know by who nor why. And it's soon impossible for them to resist to their neurosises and psychoses, numbed by the hypnotic and the increasing electric rhythm of the music. While some feel in paradise, most of them plunge into hell.

Written and Directed by Gaspar No
Release Date - TBD

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1704
Re: Climax
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 12:40:22 PM »
+2

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
  • Respect: +2001
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 02:02:34 PM »
+1
Step Up Into The Void. I'm here for this.
First things first, I'm surrealist

Robyn

• Respect: +403
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 03:35:42 PM »
oh, how didn't I know about this?

I love dancing, and I love Noe. this looks amazing.

Robyn

• Respect: +403
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 04:33:32 PM »
I found this quote:

"Near the beginning of the film, the dancers introduce themselves on a TV screen. Most importantly, there's a stack of VHS movies amongst which can be found : Suspiria, Possession, La maman et la putain [The Mother and the Whore] or Sal o le 120 giornate di Sodoma [Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom] (and Vibroboy ?? which I still need to see...). These films are all referenced at one point or another in the movie. That will give you the tone of the movie."

sounds like a very good mix.

jenkins

• Respect: +1704
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 02:07:14 AM »
it's a psychological horror dance movie. i'm repeating that for myself, since going into it knowing that will help me. i wonder if i'll prefer this or Suspiria remake, i'm not sure

Drenk

• Respect: +604
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 05:04:14 AM »
Oh. I saw it! It was kind of weirdI really was into the first part, then it became what it was bound to happen and although it's being made by talented filmakers it completely lost me. No's love for chaos sometimes feel like a gimmick.
I'm so many people.

Just Withnail

• Respect: +498
    • Truls Krane Meby's website
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 04:33:23 AM »
The first part was really good, I agree. A lot of really suprising choices, whereas the second part strangely became a little one-note, when it's usually in the chaos-parts where No really shines. The film felt much less like a gradual descent, as I'd expected, and more like a hard contrasting between the two parts, between extreme bodily movement in the ecstatic dance sequences of the first half, and then in the extreme bodily mutilation of the last half. Some political elements both manage to feel like they're just thrown in there, and unexplored, but still be strangely resonant.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy