XIXAX Film Forum

Overwatch

Jeremy Blackman · 35 · 2683

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
Reply #15 on: June 29, 2018, 02:28:17 PM
also, is there anyone else other then Stylosa who makes good Overwatch YT content? I have enjoyed his videos a lot (especially his coaching series), but would be nice to watch someone else too.

Stylosa is a good entry point to Overwatch Youtube, but in the end I don't get much from his videos anymore. His coaching videos can be great, but sometimes he does them for heroes he doesn't know. If you're interested in videos on a specific hero, I can probably link you to something good.

My go-to channels are Your Overwatch and BTC.

For coaching and analysis: Jayne and OneAmongstMany.

"Hunger is the purest sin"

Robyn

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #16 on: June 29, 2018, 02:46:29 PM
do you have anything good on Birgitte or D.Va?

I tried Birgitte the first time last night, and was surprised by how easy she was to play. Might be fun to learn someone with a higher skill ceiling though, but idk, she seemed fun to play as well. I like playing support too. Maybe Zen? But I guess I could watch Stylosa for him. He seems to be playing him a lot. How is Moira?

I'll check those out. thanks!

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
Reply #17 on: June 30, 2018, 10:30:10 AM
Be sure to learn Brigitte's combos.

Versus Tracer:

1. Shield Bash
2. Smack (once)
3. Whip Shot

Versus 200 health targets:

1. Smack
2. Smack
3. Shield Bash
4. Smack
5. Whip Shot

Moira is one of my mains. Highly recommend her. One of the most adaptive heroes in the game.

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
Reply #18 on: August 20, 2018, 11:10:10 PM
Heroes I've been playing a lot lately:

Wrecking Ball
Zarya
Brigitte
Moira

Sort of taking a break from Mercy. Preferring those high-impact heroes instead.

A fairly entertaining Brigitte deathmatch highlight:

https://gfycat.com/GorgeousAcidicIberianbarbel

Robyn

Reply #19 on: January 04, 2019, 12:32:27 PM
I posed this gif on Reddit an hour ago and it has 1k karma so far. I guess it is relatable, lol
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/acjze0/why_i_dont_even_bother_with_mercy_in_gold/

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
Reply #20 on: January 04, 2019, 12:43:09 PM
Haha, very nice!

Gameplay-wise, Mercy is really dependent on her team to be in good positions and to be doing useful things. Really the only way to rank up on Mercy is through communication and shot-calling. She has a unique view of the battlefield, and less mechanical demand than most other heroes, so it's not a bad idea anyway.

After a break, I'm playing Overwatch regularly again, and really focusing on Brigitte. She's so much fun. A highlight of mine from a couple days ago:

Robyn

Reply #21 on: January 04, 2019, 01:00:54 PM
People are giving me some shit in the comments. I realize I play bad as well in that clip, but I only picked her because I had 5 DPS in my team and she is the only support I can play decently. I wanted to play Reinhardt or Orisa, but no one else wanted to heal. Idk why it matter anyway, it's just a funny thing that happened and I phrased it like that because it would be more fun...

That gave me so much pleasure, lol.  She's fun, but I wish I played her more often. I am stuck with D.Va.

WorldForgot

• The Vision Quest
  • 'change your hair, change your life'
    • portfolio ~
Reply #22 on: January 04, 2019, 01:24:41 PM
I posed this gif on Reddit an hour ago and it has 1k karma so far. I guess it is relatable, lol
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/acjze0/why_i_dont_even_bother_with_mercy_in_gold/

Was listening to grimez' Pin while this clip played and you relax'd her into sit right with the bridge guitar. Funny moment. I've been stuck in bronze for two seasons but I swear I've got the sauce, placing Gold then dropping with every 3 random matches, basically. My support lineup has expanded to basically everyone but Ana, because I'd rather play anybody else with a scope than her.

You don't really play too bad either, you find the opening in your team's pattern and exploited it to benefit. JB earlier in this thread taught me much about cornerz. Her zip recharges so quick, I find you can really play the sort of rogue you try out in this clip. But a good Sombra will peep that, too.

I think Ash is a good Brigette counter, which is good cuz I feel the re-work has buff'd Brig into a longer range (road-lvl? longer?).

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
Reply #23 on: January 04, 2019, 03:51:59 PM
I've learned more and more that you should be using corners on basically all heroes (when playing defensively). There's no substitute for the cover that terrain provides.

Ashe is a pretty good Brigitte counter. You can use your dynamite to force Brig to turn her shield and expose herself, or just take the explosion. That's pretty annoying. A good Brig can kinda play around that, though. Pharah remains the only true counter to Brigitte.

Robyn

Reply #24 on: January 05, 2019, 06:11:43 AM

Was listening to grimez' Pin while this clip played and you relax'd her into sit right with the bridge guitar. Funny moment. I've been stuck in bronze for two seasons but I swear I've got the sauce, placing Gold then dropping with every 3 random matches, basically. My support lineup has expanded to basically everyone but Ana, because I'd rather play anybody else with a scope than her.

You don't really play too bad either, you find the opening in your team's pattern and exploited it to benefit. JB earlier in this thread taught me much about cornerz. Her zip recharges so quick, I find you can really play the sort of rogue you try out in this clip. But a good Sombra will peep that, too.

I think Ash is a good Brigette counter, which is good cuz I feel the re-work has buff'd Brig into a longer range (road-lvl? longer?).

Do you solo queue when you play? I mostly just solo queue because I am bad at communicating, but sometimes I find a group to play in, and having the roles locked in 2-2-2 with mics makes such a huge difference. It's more fun for sure.

Yeah, at this rank you can often play her like this and still get away with it. Probably a bad habit to have if you climb with her tough, but in gold and lower it works for me.

Robyn

Reply #25 on: January 05, 2019, 09:46:49 AM
Apparently there is a secret club, a reddit version of illuminati, for members who has reached the front page. I feel so influential.

Robyn

Reply #26 on: January 07, 2019, 02:41:18 PM
I didn't know half of this. I definitely needs to boop people more than I do with her.

Have watched some Emongg videos before, though. He has teached me the importance of eating Moira orbs.

Robyn

Reply #27 on: January 07, 2019, 02:49:58 PM
Also, I have played more Reinhardt recently because a good Reinhardt can make such a big difference in your team. Imo, the most difficult part about playing him is fighting the urge to charge, lol. It's just so much fun.

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
Reply #28 on: January 07, 2019, 03:23:05 PM
I never really felt old until I started reading this thread.

Robyn

Reply #29 on: January 07, 2019, 03:25:47 PM
haha, why? I thought you played games?