XIXAX Film Forum

Cinephile: A Card Game [feat. The Magnificent Andersons]

Cory Everett · 25 · 11623

Robyn

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #15 on: August 15, 2019, 05:27:02 PM
there's a Lowery quote on the website:

New career goal: Being on one of these cards.

:yabbse-grin:

WorldForgot

• The Ultimate Boon
  • 'change your hair, change your life'
    • portfolio ~
Reply #16 on: August 15, 2019, 07:40:45 PM
It's been more grueling waiting for this game to drop so I can get decks than it has been waiting on any movie release all year.

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
Reply #17 on: August 15, 2019, 07:56:52 PM
If you had put money into the Kickstarter, as I did, you would have your copy of the game already, as I do, and if you're like me, you would not have had an opportunity to play it yet because all your real-life friends don't even know who Ellen Burstyn is, much less how to connect her to Ben Stiller in six movies or fewer.
That's what fiction is for. It's for getting at the truth when the truth isn't sufficient for the truth.

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
Reply #18 on: August 15, 2019, 07:57:23 PM
For the record, Ellen Burstyn was in How To Make An American Quilt with Winona Ryder who was in Reality Bites with Ben Stiller.
That's what fiction is for. It's for getting at the truth when the truth isn't sufficient for the truth.

WorldForgot

• The Ultimate Boon
  • 'change your hair, change your life'
    • portfolio ~
Reply #19 on: August 16, 2019, 11:48:36 AM
If you had put money into the Kickstarter, as I did, you would have your copy of the game already

I know but I was very broke then and could hardly afford anything except emotional support ;_;

Cory Everett

• Admin
    • Cinephile: A Card Game
Reply #20 on: September 01, 2019, 06:26:47 PM
It's true! My game came out this week officially and is in stores and everything. (For everybody not near a really cool indie bookstore, you can order it from cinephilegame.com)

It's been a really crazy year and a half working on this thing so it's exciting to finally see it out there in the world. If anybody does get one, would love to hear your thoughts!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
Reply #21 on: September 01, 2019, 08:57:15 PM
FYI, I heard Cinephile mentioned on Slashfilm Daily, a podcast I listen to pretty much every weekday. Ben Pearson on the podcast highly recommended it.
"Hunger is the purest sin"

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
Reply #22 on: September 01, 2019, 11:05:00 PM
My only two complaints are that the card back design is too busy and that I can't convince any of my friends to play it.

Tdog

• The Vision Quest
Reply #23 on: September 02, 2019, 10:32:56 AM
It's true! My game came out this week officially and is in stores and everything. (For everybody not near a really cool indie bookstore, you can order it from cinephilegame.com)

It's been a really crazy year and a half working on this thing so it's exciting to finally see it out there in the world. If anybody does get one, would love to hear your thoughts!

Hey modage! Did you send a deck to PTA? Weren't you in touch with him via Cigs And Red Vines back in the day?

Cory Everett

• Admin
    • Cinephile: A Card Game
Reply #24 on: September 02, 2019, 04:24:26 PM
FYI, I heard Cinephile mentioned on Slashfilm Daily, a podcast I listen to pretty much every weekday. Ben Pearson on the podcast highly recommended it.

Oh nice! I missed this, thanks for the heads up. Will listen now.

My only two complaints are that the card back design is too busy and that I can't convince any of my friends to play it.

Haha. The card design I did during the Kickstarter phase and always thought I'd go back and revisit it (and suggested to the design team at Clarkson Potter I was open to playing around with it) but they left it alone and that was that.

Not being able to convince your friends IRL to play is definitely not an uncommon occurrence.

Hey modage! Did you send a deck to PTA?

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.