Author Topic: Game Night  (Read 614 times)

ono

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +228
Game Night
« on: February 25, 2018, 09:25:49 PM »
+1

This was really enjoyable.  Really well written, witty script.  The opening was excellent and it kept up its manic pace all the way through.  Bateman's a riot, McAdams is fun, and Plemons is at his creepy best.  The audience I was with was great.  Laughed at all the right times and shut up otherwise!  So yay for that.

I would really recommend not watching that first trailer, though.  It is super spoilery.  The second one isn't any better.  They both give away some of the best laughs of the movie.

samsong

• Respect: +284
    • http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=samsong
Re: Game Night
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 08:24:33 PM »
+1
perfect moviepass movie for when you just kinda feel like going to the movies.  talented actors and semi-savvy filmmakers (sam from freaks and geeks?!) have fun making a passably amusing, ultimately really stupid movie.  john francis daley and jonathan goldstein are Great Value phil lord and christopher miller.  totally caught off guard by the cliff martinez score, in that i had no idea he did it.

Bleep

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +25
Game Night
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 05:46:37 AM »
Car and camera moving at same rate of speed at airport = big wheel camera rig in hacked-up Grady sisters scene in Shining: no surprise that licence plate reads "237"!

And Eyes Wide Shut is mentioned, too!

The filmmakers' hearts are in the right place . . . !

Oh! And notice a face from The Master. . . .

pete

• freakin huge
  • Respect: +425
    • my site
Re: Game Night
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 03:06:13 AM »
really funny until the end. the ending felt re-shot and tacked on, though google couldn't confirm.
“Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot.”
- Buster Keaton

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy