Author Topic: Black Panther  (Read 2351 times)

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1627
Re: Black Panther
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 03:21:49 PM »
WorldForgot xx.

i went to see it and i don't want to talk about this/that. i don't care. i adored this movie.

Punch Drunk Hate

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2018, 05:44:40 PM »
As someone who isn't a Comic Book person, do you think this film would worked for me? I'm curiosity of all the cooperative elements of Afro-culture that makes up the world in the film. It's heartening to think a majority-black casted film will dominated the global box office and hope this will be a wakeup call for Hollywood executives who keep propitiating the myth that films starting a black actor don't travel overseas.

jenkins

• Respect: +1627
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2018, 06:15:11 PM »
as far as i can tell the less you think about it as a comic book movie the better. whatever the qualifications of a comic book movie are, and they sound as rigorous as any other qualification, this movie works at an elemental level. it has what's called a radiating theme. and it's a mature voice succeeding in the mainstream, which is a great type of movie, always a great piece of art. yes i think it'd work for you.

Tictacbk

• The Magic Flight
  • Respect: +191
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2018, 02:11:57 AM »
I gotta say, it kinda bums me out that xixax seems to be embracing Game Night more than Black Panther. I liked it!

ono

• Respect: +232
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2018, 12:23:53 PM »
There are like two posts in the Game Night thread.  Wat?  :)

pete

• freakin huge
  • Respect: +450
    • my site
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2018, 11:38:32 PM »
I like that this movie exists. I know I shouldn't be distracted by the cinematography and the effects but I am. I hope the movie works properly on the younger ones out there who'd really benefit from seeing a non-cynical superhero movie that actually seems to inspire and seems to understand actual world struggles instead of mere geopolitical jibber jabber like Captain America (tho he's my favorite superhero and winter soldier was the best executed marvel movie).
“Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot.”
- Buster Keaton

Drenk

• Respect: +596
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2018, 09:02:14 AM »
I can't give a pass to Marvel. Black Panther is ugly, but it's not new for them. Those movies make billions and I should think that they can't make two people at the top of a mountain not look ridiculous? They don't care.
I'm so many people.

pete

• freakin huge
  • Respect: +450
    • my site
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 01:53:42 PM »
especially when Star Wars that works with similar budget and schedule consistently has looked pretty amazing.
“Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot.”
- Buster Keaton

BB

• The Vision Quest
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 04:33:42 PM »
Yeah, they seem to have settled in to Joss Whedon's Avengers aesthetic template, which is peculiar because I remember Iron Man being a little more interesting to look at (though it has been a while). Kind of like DC settling on Zack Snyder's artificial weirdly muted-yet-high-contrast look when they had the Nolan movies right there.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy