Author Topic: Under the Silver Lake  (Read 269 times)

csage97

• The Road of Trials
  • Respect: +30
Under the Silver Lake
« on: March 22, 2018, 07:53:35 PM »

An aimless young man becomes an unwitting detective when his beautiful neighbor vanishes.
From David Robert Mitchell and starring Andrew Garfield, Riley Keough, and Topher Grace. Under the Silver Lake. RELEASE DATE: June 22, 2018

This one has got me quite excited. I really enjoyed It Follows and I'm glad to see the director David Robert Mitchell and co. back at it. I LOVED the cinematography from It Follows, so I'm also happy to see that Mike Gioulakis is back on this one. So, could be another great one from A24 ....

The plot seems up my alley: a quirky detective-following-an-endlessy-deep-and-futile-case, which is just about the plot from a Pynchon novel. Seems goofy and fun on the surface, but suggestive of how we use and interpret signs and symbols, the meaning we get from them, the deep world of information and how it's exchanged, and the possibility that there are hidden worlds the common folk are unaware of (springs to mind this quote from Gravity's Rainbow: “You may never get to touch the Master, but you can tickle his creatures”).

I've been a bit cold on Andrew Garfield in the past, but I think I can like him in this one. It's a good role.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy