XIXAX Film Forum

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

jenkins · 162 · 21706

csage97

• The Vision Quest
Reply #150 on: June 10, 2019, 11:18:55 AM
https://www.scmp.com/sport/mixed-martial-arts/article/3013667/bruce-lees-daughter-upset-quentin-tarantino-didnt-consult

What's with the "need to be consulted" that keeps popping up in the news? First Roman Polanski's wife's tweet -- which was ludicrous and probably got too much media attention for the clicks -- and now Bruce Lee's daughter. If you were a famous person who was part of the history of Hollywood (the key being a part of history), you or your relatives shouldn't really need to be consulted about being fictionalized or represented in a work of art.

Tarantino DID consult Sharon Tate's sister and got her blessing, but that makes sense because of the sensitivity surrounding Tate's story. And anyway, I've heard Sharon Tate is represented in a positive light here, and Margot Robbie said recently that her role is a celebration of Tate's life. So what's with controversy arising over representing or exploring such a story? It's a part of culture and it shaped the American past. I also don't buy the whole assumption of "sensationalizing/using a touchy subject for monetary or story profit." Tarantino could make a completely different film with Pitt, DeCaprio, Robbie, Pacino, Perry, etc., and it would likely do well in the box office.

I guess I'll see how Tarantino handles the material when the film comes out.

Drenk

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #151 on: June 10, 2019, 11:45:16 AM
Tolstoy faced the same issues with Napoleon's family.
I'm so many people.

Something Spanish

• The Meeting with the Goddess
Reply #152 on: June 10, 2019, 05:47:21 PM
Just noticed on IMDB The Love Witch plays Abigail Folger

Robyn

Reply #153 on: June 13, 2019, 07:44:15 AM
That's more like it! (not sure if this has been posted here, found it on IMDB)

eward

Reply #154 on: June 13, 2019, 08:03:49 AM
Now that's a poster.

Though there's a bit of inconsistency in the text:                Once Upon a Time In... Hollywood

Once Upon a Time...In Hollywood

"Do you laugh at jealousy?"

"No, I don't even laugh at seasickness! I happen to regard jealousy as the seasickness of passion."

Drenk

Reply #155 on: June 13, 2019, 08:15:11 AM
Before: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood...
I'm so many people.

Robyn

Reply #156 on: June 13, 2019, 09:03:02 AM
Is that a another Bande ŗ part homage underneath the title? Looks kinda like it.

WorldForgot

• 'change your hair, change your life'
    • portfolio ~
Reply #157 on: June 13, 2019, 12:48:11 PM
Oh God, this all has me worried. I feel like my worst fears are going to be realized...

Fiction can be more truthful than fact.

Here'z hoping the third act doesn't shatter your brain, eward ~  :idea:

eward

Reply #158 on: June 13, 2019, 01:06:16 PM
Haha Iím sure it will, and Iíll gratefully pick up the pieces and put it all back together again.

"No, I don't even laugh at seasickness! I happen to regard jealousy as the seasickness of passion."

WorldForgot

• portfolio ~
Reply #159 on: June 14, 2019, 02:29:37 PM

El Coyote, mentioned as the spot for TLB victims "Last Supper," iz quite close to QTs theater.

eward

Reply #160 on: June 14, 2019, 03:07:05 PM
Polite correction: itís where Sharon, Jay, Abigail, and Voytek dined about 4 hours before the murders.

WorldForgot

• portfolio ~
Reply #161 on: June 14, 2019, 03:11:50 PM
Polite correction: it’s where Sharon, Jay, Abigail, and Voytek dined about 4 hours before the murders.

Gah, thanks! I figured you'd be one of the few to have known the details. Noticed once the interview went on but forgot to edit. Fix'd and, also, fuck the Helter Skelter propagation.

You should post media of note that'll complement the next month of anticipation with facts or theory ~