XIXAX Film Forum

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

jenkins · 110 · 19884

wilberfan

• The Ultimate Boon
Reply #105 on: March 24, 2019, 08:15:14 PM
Hope this isn't too Reddit-y (or self-serving.  Wilder will let me know  :wink: ), but here's some extensive video from the Hollywood Blvd set from last July.  (Interested observers can spot me standing at the entrance of Larry Edmund's a couple of times: White T, cargo shorts, cap.)  (Quentin even ducked inside the store on a couple of occasions to get a closer look at some of the books the art dept had set up.)  We had a lot of fun for those 3 days.  I even learned (from overhearing a conversation between Tarantino and Richardson) what a "Dutch Angle" was.

"Trying to fit in since 2017."

csage97

• The Vision Quest
Reply #106 on: March 25, 2019, 09:18:16 PM
You get to hang out around movie sets and overhear talks between Tarantino and Robert Richardson, wilberfan? Now that's cool. I'm going to have to do a "Where's Waldo?" search for you in that video. Wait ... I just saw you. Nice.  :yabbse-grin:

Damn, seeing all the set dressing has got me ultra giddy. I'm just a sucker for that period, the art, the culture, the cars, etc. "Perfectly browned low tar cigarettes" on that bus .... Damn. I like how the cameraman just casually says, "There's Tarantino," and points him out.

I don't want to get my hopes up for this one too much and be let down, but I really doubt that'll happen. Tarantino hasn't made a movie I've disliked.

wilberfan

• The Ultimate Boon
Reply #107 on: March 25, 2019, 10:26:18 PM
It was really interesting.  Anyone think I should volunteer to do an AMA?   :wink:
"Trying to fit in since 2017."

csage97

• The Vision Quest
Reply #108 on: March 27, 2019, 02:14:43 AM
Maybe I will at some point ask you some general questions about your experience of history and film in LA. You'd be a cool person to sit and have a beer with.

ębrad

• Admin
Reply #109 on: March 28, 2019, 04:30:43 PM
Nice vid man, thanks for sharing. I'm really excited about this movie.