XIXAX Film Forum

Untitled PTA Project (2020)

Fuzzy Dunlop · 285 · 31803

Pynchonikos1994 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tdog

• The Vision Quest
Reply #270 on: August 30, 2019, 10:06:00 AM
Tom Cruise and Adam Sandler were cast at the height of their stardom, did shit for PTA commercial performance. Let's wait and find out how a Leo led movie would break Anderson into wider audiences.

true but I feel like no matter what film he is in Leo does command some box office numbers. It may not be amazing numbers but it might be something.

By the way where is the guy who started all of this regarding casting. He just dropped a bomb and walked away.

I checked there and he hasn't posted his May.

trytotell

• The Call to Adventure
Reply #271 on: September 01, 2019, 10:55:45 AM
I don’t think there is any other actor that could have done Doc as well as Phoenix.

It's Joaquin's best performance.

i'll second that, although freddy quell is just a hairlip behind

Third, and add Two Lovers. Those 3 are his best.

TIFF market is about to begin. Maybe some announcement...Not holding my breath this time though.

Lempwick

• The Call to Adventure
Reply #272 on: September 04, 2019, 03:25:59 PM
So...September arrives, and no word.   I don't think RDJ has announced his next project yet, though.

Something Spanish

• The Meeting with the Goddess
Reply #273 on: September 04, 2019, 05:54:40 PM
I’m in no rush for news, the man gave us 3 masterpieces with a 5 year span, he can take his time with the next one.

Pynchonikos1994

• The Call to Adventure
Reply #274 on: September 04, 2019, 11:35:54 PM
Given that 2020 will be one of the most crowded years of recent memory (new Fincher, new Dominik, new Nolan, new Spielberg, possibly new Glazer, new Apichatpong, new Charlie Kauffman, new Wes Anderson, new Villeneuve, new del Toro etc), perhaps a possible delay for 2021 shouldn't be such a bad idea.

BigSock

• The Vision Quest
Reply #275 on: September 13, 2019, 09:09:38 PM
Was Pattinson one of the names previously floated around as the Lead?

Pynchonikos1994

• The Call to Adventure
Reply #276 on: Yesterday at 01:30:14 AM
Was Pattinson one of the names previously floated around as the Lead?

the guy who brought the casting rumours had clearly ruled out Pattinson back in April

Tdog

• The Vision Quest
Reply #277 on: Yesterday at 05:54:22 AM
It was hinted at  being one of the following:

DeNiro
Penn
Downey Jr.
Franco

My guess would be that DeNiro or RDJ are the most likely candidates. Him and RDJ have wanting to work with each for years AND DeNiro said in an interview last year that he had met up with PTA. I could see PTA writing for both of them though.

jviness02

• The Road of Trials
Reply #278 on: Yesterday at 08:41:28 PM

DeNiro
Penn
Downey Jr.
Franco

My guess would be that DeNiro or RDJ are the most likely candidates. Him and RDJ have wanting to work with each for years AND DeNiro said in an interview last year that he had met up with PTA. I could see PTA writing for both of them though.

DeNiro would be a dream come true.

But do we even trust this guy at this point after he bailed?

Drenk

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #279 on: Yesterday at 09:13:07 PM
Maybe Paul Thomas Anderson has put a price on the head of our main insider?

Anyway, it's definitely not starting principal photography this fall. I'd like to be wrong, but...

There's no reason to keep the project secret.
I'm so many people.

BigSock

• The Vision Quest
Reply #280 on: Yesterday at 10:15:16 PM

DeNiro
Penn
Downey Jr.
Franco

DeNiro would be a dream come true.

But do we even trust this guy at this point after he bailed?

It was reported after this guy posted that Leo “passed” on PTA, doesn’t feel like a coincidence but maybe he got lucky/heard something vague

Capote

• The Call to Adventure
Reply #281 on: Today at 04:51:49 AM
How would DeNiro be cast in a role DiCaprio turned down? They're 30 years apart in age.
Also, hope he doesn't cast gimmicky actors like Sean Penn or James Franco.

Time for PTA to work with my boy Ryan Gosling.

Also, I hope he's not making that Tiffany Haddish film anymore. She's been very overexposed these past couple years and her schtick has worn off.
"They hate on me but they hated Jesus" - Soulja Boy

Pynchonikos1994

• The Call to Adventure
Reply #282 on: Today at 05:41:00 AM
martinthwarrior (who is an old member of the pta thread in xixax from what i have seen and has been proved to be valid in the past, so I would take his words under consideration)  seemed pretty sure about the name of the lead when he was writing about it, and he also seemed as surprised as everyone when the name of DiCaprio was leaked.

so my speculation is that Leo was offered a supporting part that perhaps wasn't as showy as he wanted (like in the case of Django) and he preferred to move on with something more juicy like del Toro's (despite that he eventually dropped out) or Killers of Flower Moon.

I can see De Niro being offered a supporting role, as well, but not really a lead at this point.

I can't imagine Haddish leading a pta movie, too, perhaps she would fit better in an ensemble cast, but you never really know. Does he have another PDL in him?

Tdog

• The Vision Quest
Reply #283 on: Today at 06:17:05 AM
I can see De Niro being offered a supporting role, as well, but not really a lead at this point.

I was hoping if anybody could work with DeNiro to give him a juicy lead and let him carry a movie again it would be PTA.

As for the Tiffany Haddish movie, who knows? I think Haddish said that her, PTA and Maya Rudolph were collaborating.
I'll say this: If they did a movie set in the jazz scene in 30's L.A (as was suggested by Haddish) then who would play the club owner?

Drenk

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #284 on: Today at 06:29:40 AM
Steve Buscemi.
I'm so many people.