XIXAX Film Forum

Untitled PTA Project (2020)

Fuzzy Dunlop · 201 · 25244

Heisenberg and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drenk

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #180 on: May 10, 2019, 10:38:47 PM
But I especially remember how long it was between There Will Be Blood and The Master.
I'm so many people.

Tdog

• The Road of Trials
Reply #181 on: May 11, 2019, 04:33:11 AM
But I especially remember how long it was between There Will Be Blood and The Master.
It was so worth the wait though!!!!!

Lottery

• Inspiring Actress Jacki Lynn
Reply #182 on: May 11, 2019, 04:44:37 AM
I guess we do have it pretty good now, don't we? Potentially four features, a documentary and multiple music videos in a 10 year span from 2012.

eward

Reply #183 on: May 11, 2019, 06:58:44 AM
And generally more engaged press tours too!
"Do you laugh at jealousy?"

"No, I don't even laugh at seasickness! I happen to regard jealousy as the seasickness of passion."

kingfan011

• The Call to Adventure
Reply #184 on: May 11, 2019, 04:29:05 PM
I wonder if it was specifically reliant on Leo coming on board and now that he passed to go Del Toro's film if it got pushed back for a long time.

wilberfan

• The Magic Flight
Reply #185 on: May 11, 2019, 07:36:07 PM

Yeah, I could NOT believe how much press he did.  I saw Phantom Thread 4 times in 5 months--and he was at THREE of them...
"Trying to fit in since 2017."

trytotell

• The Call to Adventure
Reply #186 on: May 11, 2019, 08:37:54 PM
I wonder if it was specifically reliant on Leo coming on board and now that he passed to go Del Toro's film if it got pushed back for a long time.

I hope not.

Yeah, I could NOT believe how much press he did.  I saw Phantom Thread 4 times in 5 months--and he was at THREE of them...

Dare I say i think that played a little part in clinching him that director nomination? He didn't campaign, but he did a lot of press and was charming as hell. I think "they" noticed and appreciated it. Breaking out of his "enigma" reputation (which I never understood). Of course, he was forced into being the face of the film, so I'm not sure it'll be this good in the future.

I hope he assembles a cast that promotes the hell out of the film. Would be a nice change of pace from the awkward press-shy actors he always casts.

Tdog

• The Road of Trials
Reply #187 on: May 12, 2019, 04:45:29 AM

I'm hoping he'll end up on more podcasts next time! Hearing PTA rambling for 3 hours on Joe Rogan would be great.

eward

Reply #188 on: May 12, 2019, 08:49:21 AM
That, BEE’s podcast, and a return to WTF would be fun!

"No, I don't even laugh at seasickness! I happen to regard jealousy as the seasickness of passion."

Drenk

Reply #189 on: May 12, 2019, 08:55:19 AM
BEE: So? Where's all the cocaine in your movies now? I miss it. I used to be able to sniff through the screen.
I'm so many people.

eward

Reply #190 on: May 12, 2019, 08:59:20 AM
haha well given his love of Phantom Thread I suspect Brett's mostly a wine and asparagus man these days (perhaps mushroom omelettes on occasion).

kingfan011

• The Call to Adventure
Reply #191 on: May 12, 2019, 09:38:03 AM

I hope not.

Dare I say i think that played a little part in clinching him that director nomination? He didn't campaign, but he did a lot of press and was charming as hell. I think "they" noticed and appreciated it. Breaking out of his "enigma" reputation (which I never understood). Of course, he was forced into being the face of the film, so I'm not sure it'll be this good in the future.

I hope he assembles a cast that promotes the hell out of the film. Would be a nice change of pace from the awkward press-shy actors he always casts.

That's very true. He's generally been getting more open with the press but Phantom Thread was the first time it seemed he was playing the selling publicity game full bore. It was surprising but I loved it.

Tdog

• The Road of Trials
Reply #192 on: May 12, 2019, 12:35:21 PM
BEE: So? Where's all the cocaine in your movies now? I miss it. I used to be able to sniff through the screen.

BEE: Uuuuuuuuh I didn't like Inherant Viiiiize"

Tdog

• The Road of Trials
Reply #193 on: May 15, 2019, 11:41:22 AM
So when is this casting/movie getting announced?

kingfan011

• The Call to Adventure
Reply #194 on: May 15, 2019, 10:51:28 PM
So when is this casting/movie getting announced?

Where is the person who broke the casting rumors. Come back.