Author Topic: Ready Player One  (Read 541 times)

wilder

• Respect: +1712
Ready Player One
« on: July 22, 2017, 04:41:00 PM »

Follows gamer Wade Watts (Tye Sheridan) as he plays through a MMO (Massive Multiplayer Online) game searching for an easter egg left behind by the game’s creator James Donovan Halliday (Mark Rylance).

Directed by Steven Spielberg
Release Date - March 30, 2018

Gold Trumpet

• The Master of Three Worlds
  • Respect: +166
Re: Ready Player One
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 09:26:48 PM »
+1
It's a trailer so it's filmmaking by advertisers, but if Spielberg wasn't headlining this, how interesting does this even look? Instead of remembering the quality of Minority Report, this got me thinking about the misfire that was War of the Worlds. Let's hope it is good because if the best of Spielberg can have something to say about the spectacle environment of blockbusters today, it would be a great thing.

Drenk

• The Return Threshold
  • Respect: +498
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 05:46:06 AM »
+2
It looks bad. BFG was insulting. I wonder how much Spielberg cares about these movies.
I'm so many people.

RegularKarate

• Admin
  • Respect: +211
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/regularkarate/
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 09:43:05 AM »
+1
I guess this trailer is for people who have read the book? All we know from this trailer is: Future, VR, and Nostalgia. There's no story. There's maybe one shot that looks like something Spielberg would do. I still haven't seen BFG, but War of the Worlds isn't a misfire. It takes a hit in the third act, sure, but it's still good.

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
  • Respect: +1836
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 12:57:12 PM »
Totally agree with you. The whole time, I just wanted the trailer to even hint at an answer to the question, "In purpose of what?"
Now you're in the *spoiler* place.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy