Author Topic: What shows are you watching?  (Read 3476 times)

Fernando

• satan's little helper
  • The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +246
Re: What shows are you watching?
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2018, 06:11:46 PM »
I couldn't get past the first episode.

MILD SPOILERS

I think once his mistress grabbed his cock and said, "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" and he replied, "You know I don't where my gun to the office" or something like that, I felt I couldn't justifiably devote any more time to it. I'm getting old.

Am I being picky? I love to be convinced.

ha I really don't remember that bad line.

The show as it progresses gets more interesting but it has a few scenes here and there of the private life of Jeff Daniels' character, but I think is worth it, if you try again and by the 3rd episode you're not hooked then it's not for you.

wilberfan

• The Meeting with the Goddess
  • Respect: +216
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2018, 04:15:50 PM »
Just finished watching season one of The Sinner, on the basis that Carrie Coon is playing a major part in season two, so it must be a worthwhile show. And... it is! Pretty familiar modern psychological crime thriller plotting, but the story holds together well, it stays compelling all the way through, and it's given me a newfound respect for the acting talents of both Jessica Biel and Bill Pullman (no small feat on the latter). It's a great example of a show in which character and plotting are inextricably woven into each other, which I consider a hallmark of good writing.

Watching (and for the most part enjoying) this show due to this post.  Loved Carrie in "The Leftovers", so had to check it out.  Thanks for the recommendation!
"Trying to fit in since 2017."

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
  • Respect: +1986
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2018, 09:43:07 PM »
I mentioned this one in the shoutbox a bit ago, but for posterity's sake I'm going to re-recommend the Amazon series "Patriot." Imagine a cross between the Coen Brothers and Martin McDonagh making an extremely odd, tone-jumping version of a LeCarre novel. It's also lowkey one of the deepest and strongest portrayals of clinical depression onscreen that I've ever seen.

You're all going to be so pissed when you finally watch this show and realize how great it is and how long you ignored it.

First things first, I'm surrealist

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
  • Respect: +1491
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2018, 10:37:42 PM »
I won't be watching any Mel Gibson TV show thank you very much.
"Hunger is the purest sin"

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy