Film Discussion > The Small Screen

What shows are you watching?

(1/7) > >>

Jeremy Blackman:
Here's a thread for TV posts that might not call for their own thread.

To begin:

Watched the first episode of The Handmaid's Tale. Everything about this is great. Except for one thing the music is absolutely catastrophically overbearing. You are not allowed to feel a single feeling without its assistance, and it just DOES NOT STOP. I was really trying to let myself get captured by the show, but the score was actively distracting. It's too bad, because some the performances are incredible. I will probably try another episode and see if it gets better.

polkablues:
I'm waiting for the whole season to be out so I can binge it.

I mentioned this one in the shoutbox a bit ago, but for posterity's sake I'm going to re-recommend the Amazon series "Patriot." Imagine a cross between the Coen Brothers and Martin McDonagh making an extremely odd, tone-jumping version of a LeCarre novel. It's also lowkey one of the deepest and strongest portrayals of clinical depression onscreen that I've ever seen.

Jeremy Blackman:
They must have blown their music budget on the premiere, because it's sparse and tasteful in episode 2. Complaint withdrawn.

KJ:
I've watched four seasons of prison break in the past couple of weeks. It sucks of course and i love it. 

Garam:
Feud. Pulpy kitschy trash. Loved it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version