Author Topic: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri  (Read 2719 times)

Drenk

• The Return Threshold
  • Respect: +564
Re: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2018, 02:16:16 PM »
Wesley Morris wrote a thoughtful negative review of Three Billboards. I don't entirely agree with it, I don't think it's entirely flawed, but I liked reading someone who was making sense.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/18/movies/three-billboards-outside-ebbing-missouri.html

I'm so many people.

ębrad

• Admin
  • Respect: +242
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2018, 09:07:29 PM »
What a fascinatingly polarizing film. Like the critics and friends I trust, you guys are all over the map and I don't know what to think. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and watch it myself vs forming an opinion based on a few good hot takes I intrinsically agree with.

Alexandro

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +492
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2018, 11:26:06 PM »
SPOILERS

I appreciated the fact that the film kept me second guessing it's intentions. A lot of what the more heroic characters were doing didn't sit right with me, and that prevented me from taking any sides. The ending was what shook me, because I realized what we were seeing was not a redemption story, but simply a descent into despair. Liked the humor, the performances, the dialogue... I was a little stunned when it ended and some dumbass chick who never stopped talking during the whole thing turned to her boyfriend and said: "so who was the killer? I didn't understand it... I don't want to understand it." Made the whole film a bit more poignant.

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1485
    • Neon Burrito
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2018, 11:55:25 PM »
learning to like this movie was a growing moment for me.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy