Author Topic: Phantom Thread  (Read 71804 times)

axxonn

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +11
Re: Phantom Thread
« Reply #555 on: January 28, 2018, 12:27:59 PM »
I always thought the digital HD versions are 2 weeks before the physical release, but I seem to remember that being true about Inherent Vice. So maybe. Lol the digital version may be out in the States before I even get to see it for the first time!

modage

• Admin
  • Respect: +765
    • Floating Heads
« Reply #556 on: January 28, 2018, 03:51:21 PM »
I always thought the digital HD versions are 2 weeks before the physical release, but I seem to remember that being true about Inherent Vice.
Yeah that is almost always the case but I think bc WB took such a bath on IV they decided to just push the digital up after it had barely left theatres figuring anyone who was even slightly interested in the film might roll the dice on it, rather than wait 3-4 months until all the buzz had completely died off.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

boogienights

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #557 on: January 28, 2018, 09:43:56 PM »

Mogambo

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +40
« Reply #558 on: January 29, 2018, 12:02:10 AM »
+1
Is anyone buying the Women Of Woodcock book? Shit looks beautiful. Check their IG @phantomthread

Vicko99

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #559 on: January 29, 2018, 03:10:58 PM »
The date of digital hd release was removed from amazon...

axxonn

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #560 on: January 29, 2018, 05:06:50 PM »

d

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #561 on: February 01, 2018, 01:15:18 PM »
Saw the London screening yesterday. Have mixed feelings about the movie, surely need repeated viewings but the event itself was great. Despite my worries, live music was not distracting at all. Everything, including sound design was "mixed" live perfectly. To be honest I wish the music stood out more sometimes. I kept forgetting they were playing the score live and kept looking at the musicians to check if they were moving;) (btw, I guess at least one piece was prerecorded if I'm not mistaken, maybe one of non-Greenwood tracks?), which generally is a good think I guess, especially for the first viewing. But the score is so great and plays so important role that I wouldn't mind music being a bit distracting at times. For that reason, I really enjoyed the credits when they played the main theme.

There was a short introduction/Q&A before the screening with PTA and Greenwood. Paul seemed to be in a really playful mood. Introduced the movie and joked about Greenwood's clothes and the idea of Jonny wearing tuxedo and giving acceptance speech at Oscars. It seems PTA really find the prospect of Greenwood Oscar win both well-deserved and hilarious. Speaking of Oscars, he also made a comment on how the nominations are good for film's theatrical run. I have poor quality audio of the whole conversation, around 7 minutes - let me know if anyone wants to listen to it.

wilberfan

• The Meeting with the Goddess
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #562 on: February 01, 2018, 02:52:00 PM »
I have poor quality audio of the whole conversation, around 7 minutes - let me know if anyone wants to listen to it.

Yes.  Mandatory.  (We even have an audio wizard that might be able to clean it up.)
"Trying to fit in since 2017."

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
  • Respect: +1411
« Reply #563 on: February 01, 2018, 03:31:34 PM »
I have poor quality audio of the whole conversation, around 7 minutes - let me know if anyone wants to listen to it.

Email that to me, and I'll make it available for download...

xixaxfilmforum@gmail.com
"Hunger is the purest sin"

csage97

• The Road of Trials
  • Respect: +23
« Reply #564 on: February 01, 2018, 03:57:54 PM »

Yes.  Mandatory.  (We even have an audio wizard that might be able to clean it up.)

If you are referring to me, I will take that as a compliment and hope it's not at all sarcastic. :P I'd be willing to do a bit to make it more listenable if I can!

d

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #565 on: February 01, 2018, 04:31:17 PM »
+1
I just e-mailed it to Jeremy and sent all three of you pm with a link to it on my Google drive. Hope you don't mind. The quality is worse than I thought sadly. Anyway, though the conversation was short, it was cool to see two of them together, which is a rare thing, isn't it?

Minor thing I thought of - Anderson said Alma is an immigrant from Eastern Europe and I guess I read that before somewhere else. Being Eastern European myself, the name (and also the surname said in the scene Reynolds middle name is also said) does not sound Eastern European to me at all. Or am I missing something?

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
  • Respect: +1411
« Reply #566 on: February 01, 2018, 04:44:47 PM »
+1
Here it is:

http://xixax.com/files/PTAsouthbankJG.aac

If there's a new version made, I can upload that as well.
"Hunger is the purest sin"

Drenk

• The Return Threshold
  • Respect: +564
« Reply #567 on: February 01, 2018, 05:21:44 PM »
+5
There was a masterclass with PTA at the premiere I attended. It was filmed so I'll post the link when the video will appear.

NOT REALLY SPOILERS BUT SPOILERS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING

He compared Krieps and Day-Lewis to boxers and that he had never seen someone being like that with Daniel. He gave an example: at some point in a scene at the beginning of the movie, she gives a long pause and PTA said that he could sense Day-Lewis wondering if she were fucking with him or if she had forgotten the line and, just when it was too much, she said her line...

AND REAL SPOILERS

And he lied about the breakfast scene, saying that no sound was made more noisy than it was, which is total bullshit since there is a whole article about the sound design of that scene. It was such an unnecessary lie!
I'm so many people.

Mogambo

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +40
« Reply #568 on: February 02, 2018, 04:38:46 AM »
Here it is:

http://xixax.com/files/PTAsouthbankJG.aac

If there's a new version made, I can upload that as well.

That was cool. Thanks mate.

Fitzroy

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #569 on: February 02, 2018, 08:40:29 AM »
+1
Movie is released in the UK today. Finally going to see it this evening!

Mentioned to my Granddad last night that I was going to see a film called Phantom Thread.

He's hard of hearing and thought I said 'Phantom Fred'.

New internet handle methinks...

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy