The Imitation Game

Started by MacGuffin, August 30, 2014, 10:46:01 PM

MacGuffin

Release date: November 21, 2014

Starring: Benedict Cumberbatch, Keira Knightley, Matthew Goode, Mark Strong, Charles Dance

Directed by: Morten Tyldem

Premise: English mathematician and logician, Alan Turing, helps crack the Enigma code during World War II.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

diggler

Well I guess I don't have to see the movie now
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Just Withnail

Quote from: diggler on September 02, 2014, 12:44:02 AM

Of course you do! They might be brave enough to say the word "gay" in the film itself. They just might.

max from fearless

©brad

I mean this is fine I guess. Pretty cheesy in parts. It's this year's A Beautiful Mind - an overpolished award-baity movie that oversimplifies a complex story into a palatable crowd-pleaser. I know there's a much darker, messier movie to be made of this story and you wonder what someone like Aronofsky or Fincher would have done with it.

OstrichRidingCowboy

Quote from: Just Withnail on September 02, 2014, 11:02:47 AM
Quote from: diggler on September 02, 2014, 12:44:02 AM

Of course you do! They might be brave enough to say the word "gay" in the film itself. They just might.

I don't think that usage of "gay" was common until well after the war; but yes, "you like men" is the most graphic the film gets.
Since dreams are to align, not to change nor
to grow, whatever are the really for?