Author Topic: Leos Carax  (Read 951 times)

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1369
    • Neon Burrito
Leos Carax
« on: April 13, 2014, 06:30:17 PM »
obviously these are the obvious reasons there obviously should be a leos carax thread obviously:

☛ his movie mauvais sang does a cruel thing to my english way with words because i don't know the proper fucking way to pronounce mauvais sang. its translated title is the night is young, except it still goes by mauvais sang. same thing with godard's vivre sa vie -> my life to live. i'm royally spun, because i pinkyswear the problem with the translated title is way less severe than my problems pronouncing french (in general). also, i made this thread because someone gave me a copy of this movie and i got so excited i took screencaps, which i'm sharing now with my friends

☛ how is it possible to make a movie like the lovers on the bridge and how did he do it at 31

☛ bottom line: scott walker composed music for pola x and scott walker didn't compose music for a single other movie [throws down mic]
[picks up mic and apologizes]

☛ if you have a problem with his merde part in tokyo! you should really talk with merde about that or, no, either maître voland or merde, either/or, but only one of them

☛ i'd watched pola x for scott walker, and tokyo! because that's a grandslam team, but from my age and theater window i hadn't anticipated what was about to happen when i went to see holy motors. summary

and, i assume, everything he's ever made and i haven't seen everything

ok, this thread's raison d'être (<-i can type that):

Every perspective is an act of creation.

Drenk

• The Magic Flight
  • Respect: +451
Re: Leos Carax
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 11:18:28 PM »
It's possible to do Les Amants du Pont-Neuf at 31. But, then, it ruins your life. Money issues. France doesn't really like to give money to great directors, I guess.

I discovered Carax with Holy Motors because nobody talked about the dude before that or I was too young to hear. I loved it. Couldn't finish Les Amants du Pont-Neuf, though. And I'll try Mauvais Sang this month.

(I don't understand why they translate it the night is young when it's bad blood. Too easy, maybe?)
I'm so many people.

KJ

• The Magic Flight
  • Respect: +224
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 11:27:42 PM »
+1
les amants du pont-neuf is one of my favorite films ever.

the scene with the fireworks is pure beauty.

jenkins

• Neon Burrito
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 11:57:58 AM »
well i'll be (excited)

released yesterday:

mogwai

• Respect: +67
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 10:33:49 PM »
When are they going to learn that "Les amants du Pont-Neuf" is his fucking masterpiece?

jenkins

• Neon Burrito
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 02:01:25 PM »
+3
the situation:

Annette
Drama, Musical

The film is about a stand-up comedian whose opera singer wife is deceased. He finds himself alone with his 2 year old daughter who has a surprising gift.

listed actors: Michelle Williams and Adam Driver

the writers: Ron Mael and Russell Mael
the songwriters:  Ron Mael and Russell Mael
are the writers musicians: yes, their band is called Sparks

jenkins

• Neon Burrito
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 08:27:29 PM »
+1
so, the French director singing in this song is Leos Carax (he speaks in the beginning and is the second person to sing)

this is what i've head from reliable sources (the musicians)

1. they laughed when they referred to the notes Leos Carax gives them. he has given them plenty of notes toward the construction of Annette
2. begins production next year
3. Adam Driver is currently tangled up in Star Wars and is not currently guaranteed

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy