Author Topic: Better Call Saul  (Read 23906 times)

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
  • Respect: +1502
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2018, 11:24:41 AM »
SPOILERS

This episode has gotten some mixed reactions, apparently, but I have to say it's one of my favorites of the season. Finally, surprising things are happening.

Kim's character turn is totally fascinating to me. It's a surprise but also makes sense. She is 100% addicted to scamming (there's a reason she's stayed with Jimmy), and she's been using her workaholic lifestyle as a distraction. The only real difference between her and Jimmy is she wants to scam for a good cause.

Some nitpicks. Jimmy's pastor character was almost full-on Mr. Show. It was a little too much. If I were the prosecutor, I would have immediately done a whois search on the church website domain, which ostensibly would have revealed the scam. There are a few too many loose ends.

I thought the Germans wanted actual prostitutes or something. They're somehow satisfied by watching bikini-clad dancers?
"Hunger is the purest sin"

Kal

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Success is not a goal, it's a byproduct.
  • Respect: +207
« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2018, 03:44:24 PM »
SPOILERS
Some nitpicks. Jimmy's pastor character was almost full-on Mr. Show. It was a little too much. If I were the prosecutor, I would have immediately done a whois search on the church website domain, which ostensibly would have revealed the scam. There are a few too many loose ends.

I thought the Germans wanted actual prostitutes or something. They're somehow satisfied by watching bikini-clad dancers?

Remember this is still early 2000s, so I can't imagine a DA from Albuquerque being savvy enough with the Internet to do a WHOIS search, and even if you do so many domains block their registration details. Oh and by the way, Google Maps didn't even come out until 2005  :shock:

Sleepless

• The Master of Three Worlds
  • I told you I would eat you
  • Respect: +417
« Reply #182 on: November 07, 2018, 12:19:17 PM »
So this is why VG hasn't been in the writer's room for the past year+

‘Breaking Bad’ Movie In the Works With Creator Vince Gilligan

Seems this is a new strategy for AMC. Earlier in the week they announced Andrew Lincoln's Walking Dead character hasn't actually been killed off the show - true, he'll never appear again - but that's because he's getting his own spin-off movie series.

©brad

• Admin
  • Respect: +254
« Reply #183 on: November 07, 2018, 12:46:05 PM »

Interesting... but he's still directed quite a few eps of season 4 no?

WorldForgot

• The Vision Quest
  • 'change your hair, change your life'
  • Respect: +125
    • tweettweet
« Reply #184 on: November 07, 2018, 12:47:07 PM »

Interesting... but he's still directed quite a few eps of season 4 no?

Uno

Drenk

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +605
« Reply #185 on: November 07, 2018, 04:44:16 PM »
If it's about Jesse, great. It kind of sucked how much season 5 didn't really care about him.
I'm so many people.

Sleepless

• The Master of Three Worlds
  • I told you I would eat you
  • Respect: +417
« Reply #186 on: November 07, 2018, 04:50:37 PM »
Jesse was my thought too. AP needs a career resurrection.

I think it was mentioned on one of the very last episodes of the S4 podcast (probably Wiedersehen) that he hadn't been involved in the writing this season, which was the first official confirmation I was aware of. Although in previous episodes he'd asked PG how they came to certain decisions, which I thought was weird at the time, but just figured he'd not been part of those specific conversations. Something else I saw somewhere said he wasn't in the writer's room last season either, but he is a credited writer on Mabel.

Either way, he's still very much involved in BCS, but not in the writing (at least for S4). I guess because he's been focusing on this.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy