Author Topic: Better Call Saul  (Read 21432 times)

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
  • Respect: +1490
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2018, 11:24:41 AM »
SPOILERS

This episode has gotten some mixed reactions, apparently, but I have to say it's one of my favorites of the season. Finally, surprising things are happening.

Kim's character turn is totally fascinating to me. It's a surprise but also makes sense. She is 100% addicted to scamming (there's a reason she's stayed with Jimmy), and she's been using her workaholic lifestyle as a distraction. The only real difference between her and Jimmy is she wants to scam for a good cause.

Some nitpicks. Jimmy's pastor character was almost full-on Mr. Show. It was a little too much. If I were the prosecutor, I would have immediately done a whois search on the church website domain, which ostensibly would have revealed the scam. There are a few too many loose ends.

I thought the Germans wanted actual prostitutes or something. They're somehow satisfied by watching bikini-clad dancers?
"Hunger is the purest sin"

Kal

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Success is not a goal, it's a byproduct.
  • Respect: +204
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2018, 03:44:24 PM »
SPOILERS
Some nitpicks. Jimmy's pastor character was almost full-on Mr. Show. It was a little too much. If I were the prosecutor, I would have immediately done a whois search on the church website domain, which ostensibly would have revealed the scam. There are a few too many loose ends.

I thought the Germans wanted actual prostitutes or something. They're somehow satisfied by watching bikini-clad dancers?

Remember this is still early 2000s, so I can't imagine a DA from Albuquerque being savvy enough with the Internet to do a WHOIS search, and even if you do so many domains block their registration details. Oh and by the way, Google Maps didn't even come out until 2005  :shock:

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy