XIXAX Film Forum

PTA Interviews (on YouTube or otherwise)

ono · 246 · 67775

Drill

• The Vision Quest
Reply #240 on: March 05, 2020, 04:13:59 PM
So any film he mentions liking is one is "favorite films!!"?

Indiewire is so annoying.

Tdog

• The Vision Quest
Reply #241 on: March 06, 2020, 06:49:26 AM

In fairness, and while Indiewire may be delving into hyperbole, PTA does tend to champion a lot of movies, some of which I'd consider to be straight up bad (Ted).

Remember the John Kransinski anecdote where PTA took him aside at a party and told him thst he shouldn't say that a movie is "bad" because it might jeopardise other movies getting funding? He just doesn't seem to have the brutal honesty of someone like Scorsese in him.

Drill

• The Vision Quest
Reply #242 on: March 06, 2020, 07:18:24 AM

In fairness, and while Indiewire may be delving into hyperbole, PTA does tend to champion a lot of movies, some of which I'd consider to be straight up bad (Ted).

Remember the John Kransinski anecdote where PTA took him aside at a party and told him thst he shouldn't say that a movie is "bad" because it might jeopardise other movies getting funding? He just doesn't seem to have the brutal honesty of someone like Scorsese in him.

Exactly, which is why this "piece" is pointless.

Sleepless

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • I told you I would eat you
Reply #243 on: March 06, 2020, 09:55:06 AM
I agree, it's total fluff to fill space while the industry scrambles with coronavirus. But always good to have a list of films that are worth checking out, right? (A Quiet Place excluded, obvs.)
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

wilberfan

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #244 on: April 02, 2020, 01:02:23 PM
WHYY's "FRESH AIR with Terry Gross" has apparently made their entire archive available online.   I have created a playlist that contains most of the PTA-related content.    (7.5 hours of content in this playlist alone.)

https://freshairarchive.org/playlist/1236
"Trying to fit in since 2017."

ForTheHungryBoy

• The Call to Adventure
Reply #245 on: April 05, 2020, 07:15:53 PM
WHYY's "FRESH AIR with Terry Gross" has apparently made their entire archive available online.   I have created a playlist that contains most of the PTA-related content.    (7.5 hours of content in this playlist alone.)

https://freshairarchive.org/playlist/1236
Thank you! Started listening to the TWBB talk with Paul and Terry. Paul sounds super mannerly and calm lol