Author Topic: PTA Interviews (on YouTube or otherwise)  (Read 35403 times)

P Heat

• The Vision Quest
  • Respect: +12
Re: PTA Interviews (on YouTube or otherwise)
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2015, 07:28:57 PM »
+2

JD and PTA at it again.
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
  :P

Larry

• The Road of Trials
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2015, 10:45:26 PM »
http://www.parismatch.com/Culture/Cinema/Paul-Thomas-Anderson-reste-bien-acide-720190

can anyone do a proper translation?>

q:Your films are held in the past. Is this the way to talk about this?
pta: I have nostalgia for the past. This could be a disease. At a time of depression were said to be nostalgic ...

q: Are you seriously unless we imagine?
pta:This film is very déconnant.[?] They say funny people on stage are sinister in life. Maybe is it true in reverse for serious filmmakers said. I am in good spirits most of the time. I watch movies at home are generally short and comical. And I tend to make long and serious films.

jerome

• The Road of Trials
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2015, 05:01:50 PM »
+1
Your movies are period pieces/set in the past. Is that a way for you to talk about the present?
I am nostalgic about the past. It might be pathological, really. Back in the day, people with depression were labeled as nostalgic...

Are you less serious than we think?
This film is pretty wacky. They say people who are funny on stage are quite sinister in real life. Perhaps the opposite is true for directors who are perceived as serious. I'm in a good mood most of the time. The movies I watch at home are mostly short, funny ones. And yet I tend to make long, serious movies.

wilder

• Respect: +1711

ono

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +208
« Reply #169 on: October 21, 2015, 10:20:41 PM »
I've got so much interview to give, I just don't know where to put it.

https://www.criterion.com/lists/150628-paul-thomas-anderson-s-favorite-films

This is over two years old, but whatever.  And actually, I don't think it's an interview, but a collection of quotes and the movies they reference.  There are some standouts that seem to have been omitted, but still, it's nice to peruse.

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1430
    • Neon Burrito
« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2015, 12:06:27 PM »
+3
Bridge of Spies Q&A with Spielberg moderated by PT

watched this btw, thanks. i like how they're comfortable being movie nerds. a sad fact i know for certain is some PTA fans are fucking terrible movie nerds, since they think their PTA fandom is what makes them a movie nerd and, it's like, what do you say to that, you can try to tell them to listen to PTA but if he doesn't mention a title it won't help. genuinely not a description of a single person here, only a description of my irl encounters in LA with a certain type of PTA fan.

saying i'm super glad it's easy for Spielberg and PTA to chat movies and i enjoyed hearing them do so. i predict i'll best remember how Spielberg gushed over Michael Curtiz, Steven Soderbergh, and PTA. since he's a movie nerd <3. well actually he was talking about Soderbergh's tv show. represent.

OpO1832

• The Road of Trials
  • Respect: +23
« Reply #171 on: October 26, 2015, 08:17:26 PM »
I enjoyed watching both
scorsese and anderson

what a treat.

thank you

wilder

« Reply #172 on: December 24, 2015, 11:17:26 PM »
+4

Something Spanish

• The Vision Quest
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #173 on: December 26, 2015, 03:51:19 PM »
+5
whole lotta thigh slapping going on from QT

wilder

wilder

« Reply #175 on: February 01, 2016, 02:11:51 AM »
+1
^
PT: What’s happening next?

Adam McKay: I’m talking with Farrell and John C. Reilly about doing a comedy about two guys that go down to defend America’s borders against the immigrants…

Please please please let this happen

Dobbs

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2016, 01:58:33 PM »
I've got so much interview to give, I just don't know where to put it.

https://www.criterion.com/lists/150628-paul-thomas-anderson-s-favorite-films

This is over two years old, but whatever.  And actually, I don't think it's an interview, but a collection of quotes and the movies they reference.  There are some standouts that seem to have been omitted, but still, it's nice to peruse.

There was another list about his "favorite" films but I can't find it.
Does anyone remember it?

EDIT
I think I found it, it was the Cigs&Red Vines PTA Picks. Unfortunately the links are all down even with the adblocker disabled. Oh well.

wilder

« Reply #177 on: August 07, 2016, 05:19:20 PM »
+2
I remember some of it: 42nd Street, Bad Day Black Rock, The Band Wagon, Baraka, Breaking the Waves, Chaplin’s movies, Dancer in the Dark, Dark Star, Fred Astaire’s movies, I Am Cuba, Jazz on a Summer’s Day, L.A. Confidential, Lost in Translation, Melvin and Howard, Network, Ordinary People, Preston Sturge’s movies, Singin’ in the Rain, Sunrise, Sweet & Lowdown, Swing Shift, They Drive By Night, The Three Colors Trilogy, White Heat, You Can Count On Me

Airplane, The Asphalt Jungle, The Best Days of Our Lives, The Big Sleep, Breakfast with Curtis, Breaking Away, Giant, The Innocents, Mulholland Drive, The Ninth Configuration, Prince of the City, Secrets & Lies, The Son (Dardennes), They Shoot Horses Don’t They?, Three Businessmen, Tunnel Vision, Apichatpong Weerasethakul’s films, and When the Cat’s Away were mentioned at other points in time

Dobbs

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #178 on: August 08, 2016, 08:11:06 AM »
Whoa, thanks brother!

KJ

• The Magic Flight
  • Respect: +285
« Reply #179 on: November 01, 2017, 09:28:30 PM »
this is still so adorable.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy