Author Topic: hip hop noir kungfu movie  (Read 5069 times)

pete

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • freakin huge
  • Respect: +424
    • my site
hip hop noir kungfu movie
« on: June 17, 2011, 06:52:37 AM »
so I have written a 25-page script that's part noir part hip hop musical with some fighting in there. it's like Treme meets SinCity meets 8 Mile??
All the music will be "motivated" and will be performed live.
And the tracks, performed by Zion I and guests, will be on sale via itunes.
That's the hope anyways.
Anyone wanna take a read?
I've consulted peeps and I'm trying to make this as plausible as possible, given the premise and all.

My logline is something like-
Emcee Kenji is an old, damaged, has-been rapper who gets invited in the club owned by his sadistic arch nemesis and one-time sidekick Apple Jones. Revenge shall be swift, as long as he can keep armed guards, nostalgic fans, and his own neurosis and haunted past- at bay.
“Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot.”
- Buster Keaton

Sleepless

• The Master of Three Worlds
  • I told you I would eat you
  • Respect: +391
Re: hip hop noir kungfu movie
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 12:04:02 PM »
Definitely. Can't promise I'll get around to reading it real soon though as I'm buried in script for AFF right now. Will have a clear desk within 2 months though.
Some people have a fear of snakes. That was a somewhat rational fear. And you could do something about it at least. Stay away from long grass and nature documentaries. Easy. Others have a fear of heights. That was manageable too. Avoid tall ladders. But how do you cope when your fear is something you can’t avoid? That you have no hope of staying away from? Being afraid of the sky, where are you going to go?

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

• The Meeting with the Goddess
  • Respect: +5
    • Internal Revenue Service
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 12:12:50 PM »
YES
“If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America,” Bolaño says, “I’d take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful.”

pete

• freakin huge
  • Respect: +424
    • my site
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 01:21:37 PM »
“Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot.”
- Buster Keaton

JG

• Respect: +55
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 02:34:11 PM »
I think I might like to read this if you're still looking for people cos i LIKE you pete

Sleepless

• The Master of Three Worlds
  • I told you I would eat you
  • Respect: +391
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 04:14:19 PM »
Alright Pete, hit me.
Some people have a fear of snakes. That was a somewhat rational fear. And you could do something about it at least. Stay away from long grass and nature documentaries. Easy. Others have a fear of heights. That was manageable too. Avoid tall ladders. But how do you cope when your fear is something you can’t avoid? That you have no hope of staying away from? Being afraid of the sky, where are you going to go?

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy