Author Topic: INHERENT VICE (No Major Spoilers)  (Read 164566 times)

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1431
    • Neon Burrito
Re: INHERENT VICE
« Reply #210 on: May 11, 2013, 02:29:15 PM »
didn't know what you were talking about so i looked it up. elswit is shooting tmnt, which is called tmnt, and is being directed by jonathan liebesman. liebesman wtf, right, but he's south african so that's chill. gavin hood, the ender's game director, is also from south africa, and i'm sure everyone is aware that neil blomkamp is from south africa. fun to see that country doing well for itself, cinematically

idk the elswit answer

Lottery

• The Return Threshold
  • You're Dead!
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #211 on: May 11, 2013, 05:31:58 PM »
IMDB says Lula Carvalho is handling TMNT.

jenkins

• Respect: +1431
    • Neon Burrito
« Reply #212 on: May 11, 2013, 05:44:42 PM »
madness
first, by accident i searched "teenage mutant junkie turtles" and think that's kind of funny
second, i'm on my laptop now and lula is indeed listed. i double-checked on my phone and the imdb app still lists elswit, which i think is funky. someone would have to explain apps to me

i bet elswit switched over, and it's not even really a large question as to why he did

modage

• Admin
  • Respect: +727
    • Floating Heads
« Reply #213 on: May 11, 2013, 06:40:23 PM »
+1
They might have pushed IV back a bit to accommodate Elswit but I know he will be 100% shooting IV.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
  • Respect: +1836
« Reply #214 on: May 11, 2013, 06:50:38 PM »
+1
IMDB says Lula Carvalho is handling TMNT.

The IMDB listing literally just changed in the last few hours. I looked earlier today and it said Robert Elswit.
Now you're in the *spoiler* place.

Derek

• The Ultimate Boon
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #215 on: May 11, 2013, 07:36:42 PM »
They might have pushed IV back a bit to accommodate Elswit but I know he will be 100% shooting IV.

Thanks
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Cloudy

• The Meeting with the Goddess
  • Respect: +270
« Reply #216 on: May 11, 2013, 10:43:51 PM »
Modage, you know if Fisk is designing/art directing for IV? For now it just says Crank is.

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
  • Respect: +1836
« Reply #217 on: May 11, 2013, 11:05:22 PM »
+2
Modage, you know if Fisk is designing/art directing for IV? For now it just says Crank is.

Fisk said in his C&RV interview that he'll likely be too busy with a film that his wife, Sissy Spacek, is directing.
Now you're in the *spoiler* place.

Cloudy

• The Meeting with the Goddess
  • Respect: +270
« Reply #218 on: May 12, 2013, 01:08:56 AM »
Ah, didn't remember that bit. Thanks. I'm sure he'll do the job. It's crazy how much crew crosses over between PTA/Malick films.

modage

• Admin
    • Floating Heads
« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2013, 08:54:27 AM »
Yep, what polka said.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

• Admin
    • Floating Heads
« Reply #220 on: May 12, 2013, 01:57:20 PM »
+2
I'm sure there are. Just hoping to break some of them before the trades...  :yabbse-lipsrsealed:

Fernando

• satan's little helper
  • Respect: +230
« Reply #221 on: May 15, 2013, 07:36:37 PM »
+2
Reese Witherspoon Finally Gets To Work With Paul Thomas Anderson As She Signs For 'Inherent Vice'

It's lost to the mists of time now, but when the project first emerged, there was talk that Reese Witherspoon was going to appear in Paul Thomas Anderson's "The Master," as Peggy, the manipulative wife of Lancaster Dodd. For whatever reason (let's hope it wasn't a scheduling conflict with "This Means War"), it didn't come to pass, but it seems like Witherspoon and PTA are still mutual admirers, as Deadline bring news that the actress has just signed on to the director's new project, "Inherent Vice."

The actress -- who's had a flurry of activity of late, after making tabloid headlines for her recent arrest -- joins Joaquin Phoenix, Benicio Del Toro, Owen Wilson and Kevin J Anderson as the signed cast so far. There's no confirmation as to who she'll playing, but our guess is that she'll be Shasta Fay Hepworth, the ex girlfriend of Doc Sportello (Phoenix), who sets the plot in motion, though she could also be Hope Harlingen, the supposed widow of missing musician Coy.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/reese-witherspoon-finally-gets-to-work-with-paul-thomas-anderson-as-she-signs-for-inherent-vice-20130515

Lottery

• The Return Threshold
  • You're Dead!
« Reply #222 on: May 15, 2013, 07:47:48 PM »
+1
Ah, goodie.

Walk the Line reunion?

MacGuffin

• Admin
  • Respect: +639
« Reply #223 on: May 15, 2013, 07:50:45 PM »
+1
She's an American citizen!
Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art. - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Lottery

• The Return Threshold
  • You're Dead!
« Reply #224 on: May 15, 2013, 09:17:47 PM »
+4

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy