(Wes Anderson) Stella Artois Commercial

Started by modage, October 11, 2010, 04:39:22 PM

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

Quote from: P on October 11, 2010, 11:22:04 PM
why the hell does that need two directors?

Yeah, it seems like a gimmic.  Like it LOOKED just like a perfect mix of Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola, but that could have been done via Parody just as easily.

Pubrick

well to be fair, wes anderson IS a parody of himself.

and roman coppola doesn't really have a style to speak of (who even remembers CQ?).

so i guess the reason for this is: wes got attached because he liked the french name (from belgium, close enough), and roman coppola was just hanging out with wes that day and felt like having a beer cos what else has he got to do really..
under the paving stones.

modage

Quote from: P on October 12, 2010, 10:46:15 AM
(who even remembers CQ?)

Probably just me.  But I rewatched it earlier this year and it completely held up!  One of my Top 50 of the Decade:shock:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

jerome

credits controversy aside, i quite like it. stella artois is an awful beer though.

cronopio 2

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Quote from: Stefen on October 12, 2010, 04:11:38 PM
I can't imagine these two wimps drinking beer.

I can imagine them drinking Stella, though.
My house, my rules, my coffee

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

i actually really like this commercial, if only because it reminds me of Shag.

s'about it. yep, not thinkin' too deeply nowadays.