Author Topic: The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread  (Read 284235 times)

chere mill

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +13
Re: The Master
« Reply #915 on: December 05, 2011, 12:27:12 PM »
awesome.

Fernando

• satan's little helper
  • The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +230
« Reply #916 on: December 05, 2011, 12:28:42 PM »
fantastic news, but...

Jonny Greenwood Returning To Score 'The Master'

We had a feeling this would be the case but for some reason that doesn't make it any less thrilling to see it confirmed: Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood is returning to score 'The Master.' His work on "There Will Be Blood" was brilliant and undoubtedly one of the highlights of the film so it's an absolute joy to hear that he'll be back for another round. This news comes via a tweet on 12/2 by British record label Babel founder Oliver Weindling that said simply, "Zed-U recorded part of soundtrack for Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead last week. Film (by Paul Thomas Anderson) to appear in 2013." Zed-U is a British jazz trio that are apparently being employed by Mr. Greenwood on the soundtrack.

hope that's not truth.

KJ

• The Return Threshold
  • Respect: +288
« Reply #917 on: December 05, 2011, 01:08:40 PM »
A commenter has pointed out that it's likely true the films U.K. release would be in 2013 if it's still on track for a late 2012 U.S. release. Crisis averted. (Thanks for the headsup, Charlie and Dick!)

O.

• The Vision Quest
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #918 on: December 05, 2011, 04:05:22 PM »
My genitals are frothing, I'm so happy.
superb

Stefen

• smh
  • Respect: +191
« Reply #919 on: December 05, 2011, 06:32:49 PM »
Cool news. But I'm more happy Mod posted.
Let's go to a motel. We don't have to do anything -- we could just swim.

©brad

• Admin
  • Respect: +227
« Reply #920 on: December 05, 2011, 08:55:11 PM »
Cool news. But I'm more happy Mod posted.

Me too!

Pubrick

• Admin
  • on the not-face of it
  • Respect: +774
« Reply #921 on: December 06, 2011, 05:36:00 AM »
Poor jonny brion.

Did anyone listen to these zed-u freaks? I hope that's not what the soundtrack will be like, yeesh!

Great to hear from mod and nice to see cigs get a scoop.
under the paving stones.

pete

• freakin huge
  • Respect: +384
    • my site
« Reply #922 on: December 06, 2011, 03:38:18 PM »
ha - I was in that room that just color graded twixt! It was called SpyPost, and a really frivolous food video series I was working on did our color correction there too, in the same suite. It was pretty suite; a 20 ft screen that was capable of 3D, which was what Twixt was done in. The coloring system is called, I think - Pablo - but it might've been just one of the many systems used in that little suite, which was one of the happiest days in my short filmmaking career. Nothing says validation like watching things get projected on a 20ft screen and slaved over by polite and witty professionals.

here right now, grading souffles.
“Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot.”
- Buster Keaton

Fernando

• satan's little helper
  • Respect: +230
« Reply #923 on: December 06, 2011, 05:08:01 PM »
from cigsandredvines.

Emily Watson Has Seen The First 30 Minutes Of 'The Master,' Says Film Will Be "Incredible"

Moviefone sat down with "War Horse" star Emily Watson and while talking to her about her career, the conversation turned to her (magnificent) work in "Punch-Drunk Love." The actress mentioned that she'd love to work with Paul again and then let slip that she's actually seen the first 30 minutes of 'The Master.' Take it away, Emily...

One of my favorite movies is 'Punch-Drunk Love.'
[A big smile overcomes her face] Yeah. Me, too.

Were you at all hesitant to take that role? Not with P.T. Anderson, but maybe there was a concern about this being an Adam Sandler wacky comedy?
No, I knew. Paul came to me and said, "I'm doing this film with Adam and I'd like you to be in it." And the idea of the two of us in a room together tickled me pink. Just particularity where he was at and where I was at -- we were from different planets. And I thought, what a delicious idea.

You two should do another movie together.
I'd love to! I would love to do another movie.

I think people do miss the Sandler who pushed himself like that.
Yeah. And he had an incredible work ethic. We did hundreds of takes ... Well, not hundreds, but take after take after take. Adam just went at it, went at it, went at it. He completely gave over to being in a Paul Thomas Anderson movie. He gave himself over to it in a very self-effacing way. It's lovely.

And it's been so long since we've seen a Paul Thomas Anderson movie.
He has made one, I saw the first half an hour.

Of 'The Master'?
It's going to be incredible. I'm not going to say anything more on that. He'll kill me!

So the first half hour already exists?
Oh, yeah. Well ... they're editing.

Very, very exciting. Our fingers are still crossed there might be some sort of footage released before the end of the year but with likely a full 12 months to go before release we understand if Paul wants to keep a tight lid on things. But that doesn't mean we're not jealous.

Pozer

• Respect: +139
« Reply #924 on: December 06, 2011, 11:05:50 PM »

Sleepless

• The Master of Three Worlds
  • I told you I would eat you
  • Respect: +353
« Reply #925 on: December 07, 2011, 12:32:27 PM »
While it's very cool that teasing tidbits are starting to come out already, it's actually quite depressing to think we've got to wait another whole 12 months before we get to see this.

O.

• The Vision Quest
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #926 on: December 07, 2011, 01:47:30 PM »
At this rate, his next film will come out in 2017, which makes me more upset than having to wait one year for this one.
superb

ono

• Respect: +208
« Reply #927 on: December 07, 2011, 03:36:50 PM »
At this rate, his next film will come out in 2017, which makes me more upset than having to wait one year for this one.

Try 2020.  :(

1997 1 year passed
1999 2 "
2002 3 "
2007 5 "
2013 6 "

Pattern looks to be... 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11 (so far).  If Magnolia is his 2001, we can expect to see his swan song by 2029.  If he's still making movies in 2050, he really has taken up for Altman, that sexy devil.

If he does manage to get The Master out by the end of 2012, I predict the pattern to be: 1, 2, 3, 5, 5, 5, 7, 8, 9, meaning O is right.  A little bit more optimistic, but we know better than that.

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
  • Respect: +1347
« Reply #928 on: December 07, 2011, 04:13:54 PM »
So, umm, at the risk of stating the obvious, shouldn't we consider the events of his personal life in the last few years? Presumably that is not a pattern. Hopefully not... or he'll have many wives and many kids before long.

Can't we just say that perhaps he took a break to start a family, and he'll be back on a 2-3 year schedule (or something like that)?

Aren't we also forgetting that his next feature is already being planned (and financed)?

I know you guys probably aren't serious, but really, cheer up!
"Hunger is the purest sin"

matt35mm

• Bony old behind.
  • Respect: +491
    • My Films on Vimeo
« Reply #929 on: December 07, 2011, 04:51:44 PM »
1, 2, 3, 5, 5, 3, 2, 1

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy