Author Topic: The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread  (Read 313466 times)

Just Withnail

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +494
    • Truls Krane Meby's website
Re: The Master - NO SPOILERS
« Reply #1770 on: October 31, 2012, 01:10:22 PM »
Any xixax-Londoners going to The Master this weekend? I'll be in town to see it saturday at 17.00 and sunday at 17.40.

max from fearless

• The Vision Quest
  • Respect: +201
« Reply #1771 on: October 31, 2012, 04:42:49 PM »
I'm going to the Friday night 20.25pm screening! CANNOT WAIT! PS. Doesn't it feel good to see the Ads all over the tube stations?

Drenk

• Respect: +587
« Reply #1772 on: October 31, 2012, 04:54:34 PM »
You know how I'm supposed to go to the Odeon from Saint Pancras ? :yabbse-grin: I used Google Maps, but people is always better than Google Map, sometimes. I'll come from France next friday. I want to know everything about the 70 mm at the Odeon !  :yabbse-grin:
I'm so many people.

max from fearless

• The Vision Quest
« Reply #1773 on: October 31, 2012, 05:03:18 PM »
+1
Hey Drenka, just go to Kings Cross St. Pancras Underground, get the Picadilly Line to Leicester Square tube station, come out the station and walk into Leicester Square and the Odeon West End is in the right hand corner of the square, across from the main (huge) Odeon Leicester Square cinema. Should take about 30mins! I will report back from the screening on Friday, cannot wait!

Drenk

« Reply #1774 on: October 31, 2012, 05:26:23 PM »
Thanks a lot ! Now, we wait. There will be enjoyment.
I'm so many people.

Drenk

« Reply #1775 on: November 03, 2012, 09:41:58 AM »
So, The Odeon ?
I'm so many people.

max from fearless

• The Vision Quest
« Reply #1776 on: November 03, 2012, 12:47:36 PM »
It was great. Not a huge huge screen. Full house. Everyone was excited. And then the movie....it hasn't left me, I can't get it out of my heart/head. We've all been talking about it non-stop. Everyone was talking about it outside the cinema. People were buzzing. It was a hell of an experience and the movie left me a bit sad and devastated and it won't leave me, the mood, performances, the feeling, the stories, the characters - I will definitely see it again in 70mm and then again on 35mm a few times.

Drenk

« Reply #1777 on: November 03, 2012, 02:39:27 PM »
I heard about the screen. It's not huge, but did you felt the difference with 35 mm ?

Great to hear about "the haunting", that's what I want to experience in one week...
I'm so many people.

max from fearless

• The Vision Quest
« Reply #1778 on: November 04, 2012, 01:27:06 AM »
Definitely a difference, the colors and the high resolution - this helps the details: the textures of the clothing and various the period detail really comes through. Funnily enough, last night I saw the new print of "The Shining" at the BFI Cinema in London and that also looked and sounded amazing. I would love to see The Master at the BFI, great screen and seats etc. But Odeon is still good and the film packs a devastating emotional punch. You're in for a treat.

Drenk

« Reply #1779 on: November 04, 2012, 03:29:10 PM »
Oh, I read that on Twitter...

"I wasn't going to pay ridiculous Odeon prices to see the 70mm of The Master, but I feel sorry for anyone who does now the print is scratched"
I'm so many people.

Just Withnail

• Respect: +494
    • Truls Krane Meby's website
« Reply #1780 on: November 04, 2012, 03:53:41 PM »
Didn't notice the scratch yesterday. Did today after they put up the sign, but didn't care. It's not very prominant.

Drenk

« Reply #1781 on: November 06, 2012, 07:11:51 AM »
Why is there nothing on the Odeon website about projections friday, saturday or sunday ? I read it for two weeks...I'm scared, I guess. And paranoiac.
I'm so many people.

Drenk

« Reply #1782 on: November 06, 2012, 03:36:50 PM »
It's finally on the website  !

But...if I'm a student from France, can I pay ₤13 or am I doomed to overprice ? I'll try anyway... :yabbse-grin:

I don't realize I'll finally see it...I'll wait and see until I'm in front of the screen.
I'm so many people.

Pubrick

• Admin
  • on the not-face of it
  • Respect: +780
« Reply #1783 on: November 07, 2012, 08:46:23 AM »
+1
so this piece of shit FINALLY opens here today.

i don't think the distributors have any faith in it anymore. it was scheduled to open relatively wide in Brisbane, in one of the popular chains and most importantly at one of the most affordable prices. but it has quietly disappeared from their website although they'd been advertising it as "coming soon" for months.

now it's only showing at 2 boutique theatres and 1 superduper megaplex (probably for a VERY short run). so 3 places in the whole city, which i guess is good enough, but it's gonna cost me $17.50 as opposed to $6.50 had it been kept by the cheap chain, which despite its amazing low prices is actually very high quality in every regard.

this better be the fucking best movie of the year. i feel sick paying that much for a movie, they are simply not worth that much for a single viewing. especially one i wanted to see more than once. oh, and don't even remind me the hundreds i'm gonna spend in melbourne for a print that will likely be scratched to shit.

why did he have to make a such a godawful FLOP? this is lyndon era in full effect.
under the paving stones.

mogwai

• Respect: +68
« Reply #1784 on: November 07, 2012, 09:28:39 AM »
why did he have to make a such a godawful FLOP? this is lyndon era in full effect.

Yay, I hope Paul makes a horror movie!

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy