Author Topic: The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread  (Read 315807 times)

I am Schmi

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +7
Re: The Master
« Reply #1440 on: August 20, 2012, 07:04:47 PM »
Anyone have any recommendations on how early we should get to the theater?

InTylerWeTrust

• The Meeting with the Goddess
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #1441 on: August 20, 2012, 07:14:16 PM »
Jesus H. Christ... It looks like a fucking painting/Ultra realistic Video game  :bravo: 

This one minute clip looks better than most movies...

I know for sure that Austin will be next...  I just hope he makes a stop in Boston during this secret tour.  :yabbse-grin:

P.S:   I am totally convinced now, that the "ALROSEPROMOTIONS" Youtube channel, is ran by PTA himself. Not a doubt in my mind...   I wonder if he sits there and reads all those comments and giggles to himself lol.  GENIUS.
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

HeywoodRFloyd

• The Vision Quest
  • Respect: +133
« Reply #1442 on: August 20, 2012, 08:04:44 PM »

The bridge in the clip is the Golden Gate Bridge in SF right? The Castro Theatre is also in SF. He's definitely fucking with us.

Cloudy

• The Meeting with the Goddess
  • Respect: +270
« Reply #1443 on: August 20, 2012, 08:08:42 PM »
Let's round up the people who are going to see it tomorrow night! I'm GOING! What time you guys gonna be there?

Champion Souza

• The Road of Trials
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #1444 on: August 20, 2012, 08:42:04 PM »
+2
That clip made me lose my ship too.  :-D

HeywoodRFloyd

• The Vision Quest
« Reply #1445 on: August 20, 2012, 09:24:02 PM »
I have a question, many of the reviews/reactions are referring to Joaquin's character as Freddie Sutton, but some are saying Freddie Quell. Can someone who has seen the film indicate which one of these names Is correct

modage

• Admin
  • Respect: +801
    • Floating Heads
« Reply #1446 on: August 20, 2012, 09:43:00 PM »
Quell. Sutton was in the early draft of the screenplay.

Mac, whatever happened to this?

Joaquin was really thin and only wanted to be called by his character name, Johnathan.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

P Heat

• The Vision Quest
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #1447 on: August 20, 2012, 09:47:11 PM »

GOT DAMMIT!.  Even the birds did their parts perfect. AND THAT SUN!!!

I wish they could upload the whole movie in youtube now!! lol cuz i'm sure as hell not going to see it anytime soon where I live.
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
  :P

MacGuffin

• Admin
  • Respect: +641
« Reply #1448 on: August 20, 2012, 10:38:00 PM »
Mac, whatever happened to this?

Joaquin was really thin and only wanted to be called by his character name, Johnathan.

I dunno. That was second hand information from someone I met who worked on the film. He had a bit of a tough time remembering and wasn't interested in the project like we are.
“Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +143
« Reply #1449 on: August 20, 2012, 11:09:32 PM »
wish i could modage up and get me a plane ticket from la to san fran. that castro was the best theater ever to see the light for cmbb. was gonna quote my post from then but wow was i embarrassing five years ago. might as well have called me in pozer we trust.

you kids have lotsa fun

that castro theater mastro teaser is the best :yabbse-thumbup:

HeywoodRFloyd

• The Vision Quest
« Reply #1450 on: August 20, 2012, 11:41:03 PM »

Cool, thanks Modage. I also have one more question, since you've seen the film. Is the clip released for the Castro part of the film?

I really want to see that beauty in the film.

Pubrick

• Admin
  • on the not-face of it
  • Respect: +781
« Reply #1451 on: August 21, 2012, 01:40:49 AM »

Cool, thanks Modage. I also have one more question, since you've seen the film. Is the clip released for the Castro part of the film?

I really want to see that beauty in the film.

Answering this question is a spoiler.
under the paving stones.

HeywoodRFloyd

• The Vision Quest
« Reply #1452 on: August 21, 2012, 04:07:39 AM »
I honestly don't think it is. I really want to see this shot in the theatre in all it's glory and I will be waiting for it, but if it isn't in the film I'd want to be prepared to not seeing it.

modage

• Admin
  • Respect: +801
    • Floating Heads
« Reply #1453 on: August 21, 2012, 07:47:22 AM »
+2
I kinda agree with Pubrick! So I haven't been saying what's in/not in the film. Cause that's part of the surprise?

The best part is thinking about all the stuff that's not in as still part of the story.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

• Admin
  • on the not-face of it
  • Respect: +781
« Reply #1454 on: August 21, 2012, 08:02:54 AM »
I honestly don't think it is. I really want to see this shot in the theatre in all it's glory and I will be waiting for it, but if it isn't in the film I'd want to be prepared to not seeing it.

All that proves is that wanting to know specifically which shots from the trailer will and won't be in the movie is purely a personal preference.

But as established in the fanalysis page, knowing that some material from the trailers is not in the final cut is in itself not a spoiler, it's fairly normal practise. Removing that uncertainty is the spoilerful part, which you're free to do for yourself in the appropriate thread.
under the paving stones.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy