Author Topic: Mad Max 4: Fury Road  (Read 15875 times)

• SBD
  • positive energy;
  • Respect: +462
Re: Mad Max 4: Fury Road
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2015, 12:18:23 AM »
Well I was referringnto max from fearless who seemed to quote me when I was was joking thats
all man.

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1717
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2015, 02:45:10 AM »
+1
Ok good I'm just like my sweeping my floor, I think it's nice you wanted to let TUBA know you weren't seriously trying to call him stupid.

Pedro

• Respect: +68
    • Facebook:  Aaron Green
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2015, 04:52:29 AM »
Okay! 

I thought this fantastic, and I had a blast experiencing it.  It is certainly one of the finest action films I have ever seen. 

There were certainly "deeper" themes that emerged from the movie, but I identify with max from fearless here. 

Quote from: max from fearless
it didn't tap into the deep reservoir in myself, which moves me or makes me think about a movie, the next day or week, in terms of [its] story or character or [its] performances

Like samsong, I was reminded of silent cinema throughout.  I could be out of my mind, but did anyone else notice the outrageous frame rate?  (I saw it in 2D.)

A great movie.  I ate a large popcorn and curled into the fetal position.  Even so, my emotions were not stirred in the same way as my peers here.  Really lovely, though. 

samsong

• Respect: +288
    • http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=samsong
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2015, 05:47:17 AM »
+1
there was definitely some frame rate variance, most notably in the scene where max tries to escape after being captured by the war boys. 

awe isn't something movies really illicit anymore, especially not as an adult, so to see something that does just that, that's so immersive and so profoundly spectacular in every sense of the word, that for me is a moving experience. 

Pedro

• Respect: +68
    • Facebook:  Aaron Green
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2015, 05:56:43 AM »
awe isn't something movies really illicit anymore, especially not as an adult, so to see something that does just that, that's so immersive and so profoundly spectacular in every sense of the word, that for me is a moving experience.

Beautifully said.  The film was certainly moving in that sense, which is not to be taken lightly.

Even so, while I found the ending satisfying, it didn't hit me in the gut.  And that's fine!  Great movie. 

• SBD
  • positive energy;
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2015, 12:28:40 PM »
Watched it again. Insanely rewatchable. Subtitles aid incredibly;;

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
  • Respect: +1507
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2015, 01:33:57 PM »
Yeah I definitely need to watch it with subtitles. It didn't help that my theater was playing the movie a little quiet too.
"Hunger is the purest sin"

• SBD
  • positive energy;
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2015, 10:32:32 PM »
All the war boys dialogue is just simple poetry its awesome.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy