Author Topic: Takeshi Kitano  (Read 778 times)

Pas

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +10
Takeshi Kitano
« on: April 17, 2009, 07:47:04 AM »
Can't believe no thread on this guy, he fucking rocks. First he's the best actor to play a psycho killer, bar none. Second, he's a great director with a range so wide it's almost too much (never being able to predict what the next thing's gonna be like). Third he's funny as hell and writes most of his movies.

Anyone has any love for him ? Favorite perfomance and or direction ?

I'm a big Sonatine fan.

squints

• Respect: +75
Re: Takeshi Kitano
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 11:10:34 AM »
Doesn't he also have mob connections? This guy's the best!!!! Seriously.
“The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts” – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pas

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 11:20:43 AM »
Doesn't he also have mob connections? This guy's the best!!!! Seriously.

I've never heard of that ?

---

Sidenote, his portrayal of the teacher in Battle Royale is very impressive

pete

• freakin huge
  • Respect: +384
    • my site
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 02:12:31 PM »
he can do it all - comedian, calligraphy, tap dancing, book-writing, filmmaking, acting...etc.  He just released three films after Zatoichi called the "artist suicide" series.  I heard they're awesome.  I haven't seen them yet.  he doesn't have a strong mob connection but he does have mob investors.  that's from what I understand.  there's a master class series or something that he participated in I think Rotterdam that was amazing.  look it up on youtube.
“Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot.”
- Buster Keaton

Pas

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 02:17:57 PM »
he can do it all - comedian, calligraphy, tap dancing, book-writing, filmmaking, acting...etc.  He just released three films after Zatoichi called the "artist suicide" series.  I heard they're awesome.  I haven't seen them yet.  he doesn't have a strong mob connection but he does have mob investors.  that's from what I understand.  there's a master class series or something that he participated in I think Rotterdam that was amazing.  look it up on youtube.

The artist suicide series I haven't seen also but I found a rapidshare if you're interested I can send it.

I'll look up the youtube vid!

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy