Kill Bill: Volume Two

Started by MacGuffin, September 24, 2003, 01:38:09 AM

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: brockly

Quote from: rustinglass
Quote from: NEON MERCURY

KILL BILL VOL. 2 MATRIX REVOLUTIONS = THE BIGGEST LETDOWN SINCE THE MATRIX RELOADED

you guys were actually expecting the matrix sequals to be good? if anything, i was impressed by reloaded, and thats not to say that i liked it

i think reloaded is the best one.  and i think revolutions plain sucks and has nothing redeemable about it.  it still pisses me off that i had to sit through one of the most boring invasion scenes via of those metallic squid things entering zion.  seriously, it seemed like hours worth of the films running time was dedicated on just that bullsh*t.  theres just so  much more to like about reloaded.  

Quote from: ono.
A friend of mine put it this way: it seems like there's a bit of whim here, where character's motives are swayed and bent to serve the plot, to serve the action. One minute, a character has one motivation for doing something, the next it's gone. It's all done this way to push along the plot, to push along this final confrontation, when none of this is logically feasible.

:roll: oh, you mean this couldnt/didnt really happen?  tell your friend you cant diss on a film[especially one thats over the top like this] and play the "this film sucks b/c it isnt logically feasible" card.  i enjoyed this film the same way i enjoyed 'freddy vs. jason'-its fun.

ono

Quote from: NEON MERCURY:roll: oh, you mean this couldnt/didnt really happen?  tell your friend you cant diss on a film[especially one thats over the top like this] and play the "this film sucks b/c it isnt logically feasible" card.  i enjoyed this film the same way i enjoyed 'freddy vs. jason'-its fun.
:roll:

That's not what he/I meant at all.  Even given that everything that happens in this film is logically feasible, choices characters made in this film didn't really make all that much sense.  Some actions and events are given that suspension of disbelief, but logic isn't that free.  When a film eschews common sense, you know it's bordering on bad.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: ono.
Quote from: NEON MERCURY:roll: oh, you mean this couldnt/didnt really happen?  tell your friend you cant diss on a film[especially one thats over the top like this] and play the "this film sucks b/c it isnt logically feasible" card.  i enjoyed this film the same way i enjoyed 'freddy vs. jason'-its fun.
:roll:

That's not what he/I meant at all.  Even given that everything that happens in this film is logically feasible, choices characters made in this film didn't really make all that much sense.  Some actions and events are given that suspension of disbelief, but logic isn't that free.  When a film eschews common sense, you know it's bordering on bad.

my apologies.  but what do you mean? [give examples relating to the bold lettering]

ono

I can't speak for him, really.  But for me, I never really understood why Elle turned on Budd -- thought they were a team, and perhaps if there was a bit more background between them it'd be more clear.  Only thing I can think of is that she was jealous of Budd for "killing" Bea before she got to her.

And also, a lot of the interaction between Bea and Bill was a bit bothersome.  They love each other, they hate each other -- which is it?  Thin line, I know, but still, they have a child together.  WORK IT OUT.  Of course, I realize QT has sold this idea of her wanting her revenge, so it's gotta happen.  The explanation for Bill wiping out all of Bea's friends and future family is just that he snapped out of jealousy, did it for the good of the kid.  That's rather weak, too, but then again, he is a killer.  Of course, he's made to be a much tamer person than that all throughout the film.

NEON MERCURY

ono.  you make valid points that i cant agrue with but cant you just roll with it in terms of the film's logic?  it has been a while since i saw it last[i am going to only take ONE bite of the apple-so ill wait to buy a later edition on dvd] but i never once thought about that while watching the film.  you think to much.  why bother trying to counter a film like this' logic?  these characters are eccentric and egotistical and fantasy-like.   its just a wild ride kind of film.  this aint no character study.

MacGuffin

Kill Bill rocks Stunt Awards

Tarantino rocked the World Stunt Awards again. The Taurus award 2005 in the categories "Best Fight" and "Overall best stunt by a woman" went to Kill Bill Volume 2. It was also nominated for "Best Stunt Coordinator". On top of all that, Quentin Tarantino was given the "Honorary award for Best Action Movie Director". According to the Taurus Awards, TWSA executive producer Mitch Geller said, "Quentin Tarantino's work with the Kill Bill films, solidified him as one of today's best action directors making him the perfect choice for the Taurus Action Movie Director of the Year award. He has consistently shown an ability to learn from the stunt teams on his many films and has expressed a genuine interest in the field of stunt work."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

how old is that movie?  didnt it come out like 2 years ago?  whey are they still giving out awards for this shit.  this is why it takes him like 8 years to put out a movie cause he can just ride each one for years doing press and picking up awards.  GET YOUR ASS TO A TYPEWRITER AND MAKE ME A FUCKING MOVIE.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

or he could just stop altogether and maybe thatd be okay too

Gold Trumpet

ono

I don't know about you guys, but I think he should stop making movies.

72teeth

...or just not make movies at all...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Gold Trumpet

Anyone want to start a petition?

Pubrick

we could write up a statement that ppl can sign to show their support.
under the paving stones.

cine

i dont know about you guys, but i think people should put their names on a piece of paper about this.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Pubrickwe could write up a statement that ppl can sign to show their support.

Someone here should do that. Then advertise it across the board and see how many people we get to sign it. That may be most interesting.