I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

billybrown

Quote from: ©brad
Quote from: aClockworkWalrusBanky, you just wasted your money.

i second this. yikes.

i third this. double yikes and yowsers! i feel  :oops: for you banky. but yer a good guy.  :-D

Kal

godardian

Mon Oncle is better than M. Hulot.

I have all 3 Tatis from the original release... not to brag, or anything.

Mogwai, have you ever seen Far from Heaven? I love it. I haven't seen Novocaine but it looks intriguing.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: andykThis movie rocks

Quote from: aClockworkWalrus & TheVoiceOfNickandyk, you just wasted your money.

Weak2ndAct

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Banky
Quote from: aClockworkWalrusBanky, you just wasted your money.

fuck you asshole

I didn't mean it as a huge insult, but seriously...Bio-Dome I can MAYBE understand, but unless you really like teen horror flicks, Wrong Turn..well...the title answers itself.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Banky

i dont feel i need to defend myself but for arguments sake i will

I havent purchased a DVD in a long time because i put so many on my wish list for Christmas and i dont want to double buy.  I heard Blockbuster was havingh a sale so i went and checked it out.  I couldnt buy many films so i had to focus on ones not on wish list.

it was buy 2 get 1 free so (i saw wrong turn in theatres and thought it was alright at best) but i have had a thing for Eliza for quite some time and it was prev, veiwed on sale so i got that, plus biodome which was like 10 and then the AMC documentary was free.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

All righty, no harm done.

I picked up Evil Dead Boolteg edition director's cut thing for 9.99 today.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

mogwai

is this box worth purchasing?

i saw a interesting documentary about the movies today on tv. and it reminded me in a strange way about 2001: a space odyssey. must be the mixture of mankind and monkeys.

Find Your Magali

GOD DAMN SPOILER

Wow, that Planet of the Apes special edition cover blows to hell any chance that future generations have at enjoying the movie's twist ending.

Sheesh.

mogwai

MacGuffin

Quote from: mogwaiis this box worth purchasing?

If you're a fan of the "Apes" movies, then yes. But the crappy thing is afterwards they came out with a better behind the scenes bonus disc than the one in this box set, and in Feb., they are rereleasing a 35th Anniversary Edition of the first "Apes" movie:

On February 3rd, Fox Home Entertainment will release a new 35th Anniversary Edition of the 1968 classic Planet of the Apes. What can fans expect this go-round? How about separate 4:3 full screen and (at last) a new 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen versions, each with a Dolby Digital 5.1 remix and so many extras it takes two discs to hold it all: two audio commentaries with Roddy McDowell, Natalie Trundy, Kim Hunter and effects artist John Chambers, plus a second commentary/isolated score with composer Jerry Goldsmith, a text commentary by Eric Greene, the "Behind The Planet Of The Apes" documentary, exclusive Roddy McDowall home movies, rare dailies and outtakes, the featurettes "A Look Behind The Planet Of The Apes," "Don Taylor Directs Escape from the Planet of the Apes," "J. Lee Thompson Directs Conquest of the Planet of the Apes" and the original EPK, multiple still galleries including photos, production art and film reviews, and trailers for all of the Apes flicks. Retail is $26.95.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: mogwaiis this box worth purchasing?
On February 3rd, Fox Home Entertainment will release a new 35th Anniversary Edition of the 1968 classic Planet of the Apes.

oh, hellz yeah. i knew if i held out long enough this would happen.

paramount accidentally sent me a few pre release dvd's, special features and all, so i just got a few cool things for FREE!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

FeloniousFunk

Alethia

adventures of antoine doinel boxset

the work of director chris cunningham